New to the forum and photography

Chris14mia52

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, new to the forum and photography. Ive always been interested in photography and like taking pictures, though never got around to getting my own DSLR, that ive always wanted. One of my hobbies of reef aquariums , involves alot of coral photography which ive been doing with my smart phone. For the past year or more now Ive been looking to taking this to the next level and been in the search for a cheap, good, used, Canon t3 or t2i DSLR. Christmas comes around and im surprised with a new canon t5, 18-55mm lens kit. Super ecstatic to finally get a DSLR. Right off the bat purchased a nice cheap tripod, a lens cleaning kit, a UV filter, and remote bulb for extra long exposures. Been doing alot of shooting lately of not only my aquarium but just about everything I can. lol Read lots of articles and information online on how a DSLR works to get a better under standing on what each setting does. Started off shooting under AV mode now finally able to shoot under MANUAL and have full control. Been only about 3 months since getting into photography and shooting, I feel ive greatly improved already, but I know there is so much more to learn. Looking into a few new lens such as the "nifty fifty" and a nice macro lens to purchase soon. Hoping to learn alot and improve from this forum.

Here are some of my shots: Please feel free to comment and point out any dislike or likes.
20160120-IMG_1729 - Copy.jpg

20160120-IMG_1723 - Copy.jpg

20160125-IMG_1773.jpg

20160212-IMG_2152.jpg

20160108-IMG_1322 (2).jpg

20160213-IMG_2176.jpg
20160213-IMG_2183.jpg

20160213-IMG_2166.jpg

20160221-IMG_2333.jpg
20160221-IMG_2336.jpg

#1 When you have this much symmetry to work with, I think you should center your camera. Just one more step to the left and you would have been centered on the line.

#2 I like the reflections you found. Good eye.

#1 When you have this much symmetry to work with, I think you should center your camera. Just one more step to the left and you would have been centered on the line.

#2 I like the reflections you found. Good eye.
Totally agree, and thank you. I feel I understand most of the setting except the F stop. There are times im not sure what F stop to shoot with. Dont I always want the whole scene to be clear? Ive been shooting on mostly F8 as ive read about the quote "F8 and be there"

Your aperture setting affects the depth of field, which you can calculate given the distance, the focal length, and aperture. To get all of your subject in reasonable focus, you need the aperture that will do that.

these are pretty good imo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back