New to the forum. Can't wait to get started!!

W.Y.Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I've been a photographer for seven years now and I don't know why it never occurred to me until now to begin posting on forums, but alas, here I am now, with 5 years of education accompanied by brutal and informative critiques in photo school. What shall I ever do with it all?

Well, I guess I could start by introducing myself.. As you can tell, my name is William Young and I am an emerging artist and professional within the field of photography. I graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology's Fine Art Photography program in May 2014 and I would highly recommend it to any of you out there who are very passionate about photography and would like a degree in the field. I learned an enormous amount at RIT, honed my skills, and had access to the finest photographic equipment there is this side of the milky way. I am now an aspiring artist with big dreams and even bigger plans for fulfilling those dreams.

My most recent works deal with themes of man vs. nature and my photography tends to draw on aspects of human nature and how we as human beings effect the world around us, and I am currently doing a project on Times Square in NYC.

Aside from photography, I have recently become employed as a data analyst with a car company in order to support my expensive habit (which stems from a strange addiction to the way specific photons hit my eyes :geek:) I live in Harlem, and I love visiting the numerous art galleries and clubs around NYC.

Edit: My website is www.williamyoungphoto.com if you would like to have a look at my work.

Anything you want to know? Anything you want me to know? Feel free to ask/tell. This is a discussion board after all.

Last edited:
Welcome!

We saw a thread recently asking about anyone with an advanced photography degree. Now here you are! Is that a Master's Degree?

Sadly, it is not. Just a bachelor's, though I have friends in high places and could contact them or provide you with any information if you'd like. I know for certain that RIT's masters program is superb, I'm just not in a financial situation that could allow me to pursue my studies further.

Welcome! I don't think i've ever heard of someone actually getting a bachelor's in the field, a lot of people asking questions about it and saying they want to go... But no one that has actually completed it. That's pretty cool!

Thanks Everyone!!

Welcome!

We saw a thread recently asking about anyone with an advanced photography degree. Now here you are! Is that a Master's Degree?

Which thread is this? If someone is looking for some info on photo school I'd be happy to let them know what its all about.

Welcome to the forum William...

Most reactions

Back