New to the forum Nikon user

Welcome to the forum! If I were getting a Nikon for action I would also consider the D500. How close do you normally get to the action? What are your lens choices?

Welcome to the forum! If I were getting a Nikon for action I would also consider the D500. How close do you normally get to the action? What are your lens choices?

I actually was looking at the d500 too.
I usually get pretty close to the action. But I purchased a Tamron - 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD
And I use it a lot and I have a few other lenses that came with the camera.
Nikon DX 18-135 1:3 5-5.6

Promaster 11-18 1:4.5 - 5.6

Last edited:
Hello all. Knob here. First post.
I like to shoot a lot of automotive sports.
Action shots. And vacation landscape shooting. I have an older Nikon D80 that I’m looking to upgrade.
I like to shoot a lot of car things. Road course shots. Drags. Autocross events. I was thinking of getting the D750 as it’s right about in my budget.
Looking for options on this selection.
TIA

I have Nikon gear and I also like to shoot motorsports and, in my opinion, the higher the frame rate you can get the better.

If you are considering a used, I would advocate looking for a good condition D4. I have one and love it, blazing frame rate and very good low-light performance. Granted, not the same resolution as the D750 but I don't see that as a drawback myself. The size will be about the same if you plan to put a grip on the D750.

Most reactions

Back