New to the forum...

JAMESJOHNSON

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What's up everyone? I'm James Johnson, new to the site. From the South Jersey, Philadelphia area. I started photography about a year ago, since I've been published in PhotoLaureates.org's BEST PHOTOGRAPHY OF 2008, as well 2 magazines, all since january of this year. I've also shot the Blaze The Catwalk fashion show with the beautiful and talented, Lisa Raye. I basically came across this forum, mostly to network with people and have fun talking about photography, shoots, models, and whatever else. If you see me somewhere throughout the boards, hit me up.

J.

Hiya James, and welcome!

(Wow, that's quite the resume for a new photographer. I'm sure many people will want to know your secret for how you did so well so fast!)

Thanks. I will tell.

like many people who travel to NYC, in the car I snapped a quick photo of the buildings. Just so happened that as the car turned the corner, the tops of the buildings in my photo weirdly leaned to that side, giving it a cool look. here it is to show...

l_4152c4335d584103a9d45ef616b39eef.jpg

the photo won a contest on PhotoLaureates.org and was voted to be published in their BEST OF 2008. I was hired to do the fashion show with Lisa Raye through a modeling agency in Philadelphia called MMM. Doing that, I met people backstage, Clothing Designers and people involved with publications, which in turn bought me my first shoot at the first magazine called Sharp Edge Magazine. The Photos from the fashion show, were published in a second magazine called Fun Times that started doing a feature on the show. I was contacted about them using the photos, and it was done. Thats my story....

Most reactions

Back