New to the forum

Clm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself, because I know that at some point I will be back with many questions. I just got my digital SLR a week ago. I got the Sony A390. I haven't had as much time to play with it as I would like. I am still reading the manual and getting some added help from "You Tube" for my specific camera. There is quite a bit to learn! Honestly though, even on Auto mode, the improvement from my old P&S is amazing. My son's skin tone comes out much better. Here are a few pics from my first and second day. They arent edited obviously. I have been reading the forum for tips too.
DSC00154.jpg

The poor dog lost her pretty tan color in that one.

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

-Christina

Hi and welcome to TPF.

Alright I understand you are new and all so i'll take it easy on ya. :lol:

#1: Looks good as to focus and stuff got a nice DOF going on.
#2: This one however the fill flash you used makes it look flat. If you were to aquire an off camera flash like an external one, This would turn out alot better.
#3: What is that? and also the same as #2 too blown for my liking.

Again this is just my opinion and what I personally would have done. Good shots to begin with though, hope to see more of you later on.

Best of luck!

Bram... Have u never seen a soybean? lol

not to bad im excited to see you learn and grow! owning a DSLR is great and as you get better your going to want more and more information and more and more equipment, let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with!

Ha! The last one are soy bean pods right at harvest time. Yeah I know the exposure is off on them. When I get through the manual I am going to look into that book that seems to be recommended a lot here, "Understanding Exposure." Thank you for your opinions!

Bram... Have u never seen a soybean? lol

not to bad im excited to see you learn and grow! owning a DSLR is great and as you get better your going to want more and more information and more and more equipment, let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with!

Hah I guess not then huh.

so in Iowa we have acres upon acres of farmland most of which is filled with either a corn or b soybeans that is a picture of a soybean prior to harvest its still in its pod, outside the pod they are lil wax like peas, and are the most pure thing on earth, they look pretty cool to like in this picture hairy and all... lol

AH! Gotcha, I live in a small town called Chiliwack in the Fraser Valley, or also known as the Lower Mainland. We got alot of farmlan here to, mostly corn, and us chilliwackians grow the best corn in British Columbia. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back