New to this.. Help?

jenniballecter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am asking for a camera for christmas.
i want to be able to take pics that are clear, sharp, crisp, and clean.

i also want to be able to play with effects, like blur the background and focus the subject, or focus a subject & the background be in motion, and other types of things.

i already have the creative eye for angles and things like that, i just need the right camera. i also want something i won't have to add onto too much with accessories or extra parts. pretty much everything i need is in 1 box and included.

i want it digital, with the view screen and ability to upload through a usb, etc.

you guys know what i mean.

all suggestions welcome. i was thinking a canon or nikon

my price range is around $500, which from my research isn't much, but i figure i can find something good enough.

****if someone could narrow it down to the top 2 or 3 choices i could make, that would be WONDERFUL, as i am completely indecisive about this issue, and need someone with knowledge to choose for me based on my needs/wants.

thanks everyone,
jennifer

Wow! You want someone to take the pictures for you too? J/K
You might start with a used Rebel XT with a kit lens or something. Good starter kit, that allows you to do enough to get the basics down.

as stated, the rebel xt would be in your price range, as would the nikon d40. i don't know too much about the xt, but i know the d40 is a good camera to start off on.

Most reactions

Back