New to this site and thinking of starting to shoot for money. Few pictures.

ab2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm no professional, but what do you guys think of these pictures? Taken with my Canon 5D II.

toly2-1.jpg

toly2.jpg

at2-1.jpg

at3.jpg

Last edited:
here's a few more.

Skylar 1.jpg

skylar 5.jpg

a11-1.jpg

I think I would have preferred to see both dogs in focus in #2, but I see where you were trying to go with it. #5 is good, except I honestly would have left her arms in the photo, its just distracting to have them leave and then pop right back in again imo. #7 does a good job of capturing a moment, but there is just a bit too much empty space I think. So overall, I would say #2 and 7 are your money-shots, the rest seem more like "snapshots" to me. Nothing against snapshots, they are just as important, but I don't think people would pay for the caliber of work seen in a snapshot very often.

Is your monitor calibrated by any chance?

They are fun snapshots for your family :) 3,4 and 5 are extremely orange (look at their skin), 6 is cool, and 7 is sweet but a muddy (not enough blacks and whites) conversion. Of all of them despite the chopped piggies the last one is my favorite, it may be a personal thing though because I grew up with a german shepard <3 I agree with Togalive too about the dogs, and want to add its often hard on the eye to have a prominant subject out of focus in the foreground. The composition in #2 is a bit off too, I think because the dogs head is chopped.

I like number 1 but you seriously need to correct your white balance/calibrate your monitor. I have a lousy computer but there is no need to calibrate it yet because it is pretty accurate.

Most reactions

Back