New to this site...sunset over farmland

Ryan.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSCF0125-1.jpg

um critique... im somewhat new to photography i do it for fun not to serious about it but im taking sum classes in school and i like it alot. and if you notice a glare its becuz itwas taken on a bus lol, my bad

Well, the frames within the frame make it obvious that this photo was taken through a window, and I am torn between liking and NOT liking this effect... I think I would have cropped the bus window frames...

And powerlines really kill almost any good view. They are such a nuisance, more so when they are so "untidy" - and attached to a leaning pole.

The sunrise was nice, I understand why you felt like wanting to quickly take this photo. But on the other hand, it also looks like it was just "quickly taken". "Snapped" could be another word for it ...

yeah i gotcha

welcome to the forum. Sorry to be negative on your first post but ...

The shot doesn't really work for me. The sky colour is nice but with all the other distractions around my eye doesn't really pick it out. I'm torn between looking at the telephone post/cables & searching for something in the dark foreground. As you say though it's for fun so I'm being a bit too serious here !!

simon

Yeah...I'm not sure about my thoughts on this either...

With the powerlines, bus windowframe and sky, it's tough to draw your eyes to the sky.

I understand you wanted to snap this, but I think taking a little more time and thought into it, which I know you know how to do, you'll come out with a much nicer shot.

I believe I see a little reflection in the window as well. But, don't feel too bad about these mistakes. We all learn and it is better to try than not try at all. Nice thought/idea! Hang in there! Looking forward to your posting more photos. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the site! I feel bad, but I have to agree with the others. There is just too much going on in this shot (ie the window frame, the power lines, the reflection, etc), but for what it was its a decent shot. Id suggest opening the bus window next time and waiting for an oppertune moment, where there wasnt any powerlines, to take the pic. Just an idea....

Anyways, welcome and keep shooting/improving!

Most reactions

Back