New to this world... please help!

lifeinspiredlc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all!

I have been really nervous to post any of my "work" on here because I know that I have so much to learn, and have no idea what I am really doing. I know that criticism is the best way to learn here, so please help. I absolutely love photographing people, but I am completely aware that I have a lot to learn. Here is one of my photos for you to look at and give some feedback for improvement.

$amber-23.jpg

Attachments

• $amber-30.jpg
    $amber-30.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
#1 Why such a close crop? What was the intent here?
#2 Appears that you focused on the lips, which is kind of unusual, therefore I'm not understanding the intent here either.

I was going for seductive. I am not sure If I was focusing on a certain "intent" on either pics to be honest.

I was going for seductive. I am not sure If I was focusing on a certain "intent" on either pics to be honest.

Your model is sexy and seductive in her look. I think focusing on her eyes (while keeping her lips in focus) would be the best overall strategy. Also, someone spent some time on her hair, so go ahead and include it. Hair is also seductive in the right pose. So if you have access to this model, try again, with a variety of poses, lighting, etc. Consult the work of other photographers as to how to shoot for a seductive look.

The makeup is bothering me. Look drag queenish and way overdone.

the photos are very nice actualy, i dont mind the crop in the first but as they said in the 2nd one the lips are in focus and really draws away from the eyes unless thats what you wanted i personally would focus on the eyes. I also feel the makeup was a little overdone, to much blush but thats not about the actual composing and picture taking :p

if you were to show these in a set ...then I would say try to keep skin tone fairly close. as said above...always make sure the eyes are in focus. and don't be scared to include more in the frame. Sometimes less is more and sometimes more is more. Also look up tutorials on skin editing. IMO the skin has a waxy feel to it. I'm not ripping your work or anything I am just trying to give you stuff to think about next time. When I started I would shoot so much. different angles and poses and now I don't need to so much because I already know what I'm going for. Good luck and keep shooting. Photography is like cars....theres already a ton but it always nice to see something new.

Most reactions

Back