New toy! 50mm f/1.4 C&C Welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title implies I have a new toy in the bag. Wife and daughter #1 were taking a day trip so I took a few pictures before they left.

Tried as shallow as 1.4, but I'm going to need to practice practice to get it right.

1. Daughter 1

Brooke1.jpg

2. Daughter 2 (I think it might be a bit soft, but the eyes came out well)

Brooke2.jpg

3. Cheeky wife (She usually doesn't like to have pictures taken. I take every chance I get to shoot her)

Wife1.jpg

4. Wife and Daughter

TwoLadies.jpg

Very beautiful girls you have in your life!

I would love to pick up a 1.4 to replace my 1.8. Pictures look good! Smiles seem genuine which is always pleasing to the eye.

You are a lucky man! Yeah, the Canon 50/1.4...it's a really nice imager for a fifty...it's got a nice defocused character to it on most shots. These shots look a bit yellowish on my monitor, but that's always better than green from foliage. You have excellent eye contact and rapport with these two ladies...they appear imminently comfortable in front of the lens for you, which is always nice when making portraits of people. yeah...shooting at f/1.4...I NEVER do that...focusing is just such a make-or-break deal at 1.4...you'll sometimes find me settling in at f/2.5 as my "wide aperture" of choice. I seldom go wider than that for people at close distances.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back