New toy - 70-200 2.8 II IS USM!

Ryan0751

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I finally broke down and bought the 70-200 F2.8 II. I already had the 70-200 F4 IS, which is an amazing lens in itself, but I always longingly looked towards the 2.8 for that slightly better bokeh and better low light performance. Also, I want to use the 2X extender, which with my 70-200 F4 makes is too slow to auto-focus well on my 5D III. I will probably be selling the F4 version soon.

I've never actually used the 2.8. I've seen it in person a bunch of times on other peoples rigs, I've tried simulating the weight of it by holding two of my other lenses together, and yet nothing really prepares you for when you first take it out of the box. It's big. It's heavy! It's worth it!

With the black rapid strap it's actually quite manageable. But, I have yet to walk around a whole day with it yet. Hopefully this weekend!

Here is a little photo of it, on top of my new Feisol Tripod and Photo Clam ball head. I think I'm done spending money on photo gear for this year!

$70-200.JPG

Attachments

• $70-200.JPG
    $70-200.JPG
    446.5 KB · Views: 184
Nice. Looks good!! Hope you have fun playing with the 2.8. I have the non-IS model and its a blast shooting at wide open. Have fun!! Hope to see some of your shots with it on here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back