New TPF C&C Gallery!

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We are pleased to announce the new C&C Gallery here at The Photo Forum. This is being added by member suggestion, input and feedback ideas.

You'll find some guidelines for using the forum, as well as links to threads which can help you navigate the sometimes mystifying process of both getting and giving artistic critique and commentary.

We hope this addition enhances TPF's reputation as a member-driven community of fellow photographers, where you can learn and hone your skill sets. Check it out!

Great idea! After reading the other thread I love this idea.

Great idea - thank you!
You're very welcome - but we should acknowledge that @zulu42 kicked things off with his thread in the Discussion forum. That sparked a lot of interest!

So, here we are. :) Thanks to all the TPF members who expressed ideas, including you!

We're open to more as we move forward.

Good idea. It'll be interesting.

We are pleased to announce the new C&C Gallery here at The Photo Forum. This is being added by member suggestion, input and feedback ideas.

You'll find some guidelines for using the forum, as well as links to threads which can help you navigate the sometimes mystifying process of both getting and giving artistic critique and commentary.

We hope this addition enhances TPF's reputation as a member-driven community of fellow photographers, where you can learn and hone your skill sets. Check it out!

Can you please explain what someone should understand by "artistic" critique and commentary, because this is certainly not clear to me. Does "artistic" mean that criticism purely based on photo-technical facts is not allowed or is this meant otherwise?

Can you please explain what someone should understand by "artistic" critique and commentary, because this is certainly not clear to me. Does "artistic" mean that criticism purely based on photo-technical facts is not allowed or is this meant otherwise?

The section is for critique of all kinds. Artistic is simply referring to the fact that most consider photography - both its creative and technical aspects - as an artistic hobby.
It is down to the membership as to what kind of feedback you give. If you want to go full technical go all out; if you want to stick purely to the compositional elements that's fantastic; if you want to mix and match (as most will) then great.

Yes, it's certainly not meant to confuse anyone but rather, take from it as much or as little as you find useful.

Hope this helps. :)

Just returned to the forum after a few years hiatus. Enjoy the new features!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back