New tripod blues.

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So after my camera nearly fell off the 40 year old tripod I had I decided to look for a new one and set myself on the Manfrotto 055PROB and 488RC4 head. No place has them. Our biggest camera store Photocontinental has the legs, but doesn't sell any manfrotto heads. Teds and Rainers sell dodgy kits together and not separately and said they would order the head in but not the leggs and yadda yadda yadda.

So ebay. Looking good. $240 for the legs, $160 for the head, $30-40 to get them both shipped. I was going to do this this morning but was running late to uni.

On the way home from uni I noticed a shop in Marta called Kayell so I decided to get off the bus and walk 4 blocks back and low and behold my tripod :D. So going to pay and I whip our the old Amex and he says sorry we don't accept it, they charge too much. DAMN. Ok is there a Commonwealth bank in Marta? No. DAMN. And my debit card has like $30 on it.

I asked them to hold it for me till monday and take my sorry and sad ass home. I get home jump on the webbank to transfer some money to my debit card and WTF! My tax return came back, and it was transferred directly into my account linked to my card.

So here I am now. The store is closed. I have the money. And still no tripod :cry:

The 055PROB has been discontinued and has been replace with the 055XPROB
that's why no one has any

Sorry I was talking about the 055XPROB. When I said no one has any it goes for a whole range of products. Everyone seems to stock the 055CLB, and all the 190... models, but again without any heads to go with it.

And I just found out that Kayell isn't open saturdays so I need to wait another two days dammit :mad:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back