New tripod

tank121

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As I've decided to sign up for the Photography college course I thought it would be good to get a decent tripod and I've got a birthday coming in two weeks.

I'm looking to spend a maximum of £150.00 including the head.

I've found this one, any other good ones at the same price point?

[h=1]VANGUARD Alta Pro 263AB[/h]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alta-Pro-26...id=1378024807&sr=1-2&keywords=vanguard+tripod

This is to replace my Hama Star 61 which was very cheap.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A friend of mine was shopping for a new tripod and she ended up with a Vanguard. I don't recall the model, but I remember being pretty impressed with it for the price. I don't use a tripod very often, and I've been thinking about replacing my Slik with one of these Vanguards...

I have the Alta Pro 263AGH (same tripod you selected, except with the pistol grip ball head) and I love it. Very solid and the ball head is smooth. Beware though, this tripod is heavy, isn't terribly compact and not great for toting around in the tripod holder of a camera backpack or sling bag. Other than that though, it's rock solid and you'll love the articulated center column if you have a need for it. For the price it's a good deal.

Looks pretty decent for the price; I have no first-hand experience, but I have heard good things about them. You might also consider Manfrotto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back