TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pressure

PS1650x1080.jpg

Also if you like this photo you will probably enjoy this short video I made :D

The sad life of eggs from BurnsRon

cool idea...im was trying to come up with things to compose and shoot today. its harder than it seems lol. unfortunately my battery died before i got to do much. all i came up with so far is some shotgun shells

I took this with my Canon 50D mounted on a Tripod and used my wireless remote to control the shutter.

The egg was very difficult to set up. Basically I spent a lot of time tapping it with a knife in same spot until it started to crack and eventually it developed a hole and its contents began to leak out.

Oh, I also used a desk lamp for lighting. :lol:

The concept is fun, but there is just something about the image that technically doesn't jive, and I'm not sure what.

The edges of the egg look off and oddly out of focus.

The concept is fun, but there is just something about the image that technically doesn't jive, and I'm not sure what.

The edges of the egg look off and oddly out of focus.

Haha... well maybe when you figure out what doesn't jive you can let me know.

As far as the edges go I wanted pretty much everything out of focus except for the hole and the contents that are flowing out of it as to draw the eye in.

hey dude, I woulda preffered the entire egg in focus..

That video you made was freakin gold!! Keep up the good work..

hey dude, I woulda preffered the entire egg in focus..

That video you made was freakin gold!! Keep up the good work..

Yeah it seems the focus has been the biggest complaint, I'll definitely have to keep that in mind for my next setup.

Funny photo.

I agree that it would look better with more depth of field. I would also have shot that on a light table with light underneath plus some from the back to have a real white background.

But my main problem is the chunk of egg carton. Get rid of it.

Funny photo.

I agree that it would look better with more depth of field. I would also have shot that on a light table with light underneath plus some from the back to have a real white background.

Yeah i've got about 1 week of photography experience under my belt. I definitely don't have access to a "light table" and as far as removing the egg carton goes, you give me a another way to make an egg stand up by itself and I'd be happy to remove it.

Funny photo.

Yeah i've got about 1 week of photography experience under my belt. I definitely don't have access to a "light table" and as far as removing the egg carton goes, you give me a another way to make an egg stand up by itself and I'd be happy to remove it.

Glue.

For the light table, mine was a piece of tempered glass from a coffee table that a neighbor was throwing out sitting on a stand I made out of plumbing pipes. I don't remember what I used for a background except it was some kind of flexible, translucent plastic. I actually need to figure it out again since I'm putting a new one together.

As I said in another thread, when you start in photography and you don't have all the money in the world, you need to be as creative about equipment as you are about the image.

Just this week I saw someone who made a lightbox out of a cardboard box and some tracing paper :lol: He spent something like $2.50. Not bad compared to the $70-90 you'll pay in a store. I'm not sure where I saw that but it may have been on strobist.com.

Funny photo.

Glue.

For the light table, mine was a piece of tempered glass from a coffee table that a neighbor was throwing out sitting on a stand I made out of plumbing pipes. I don't remember what I used for a background except it was some kind of flexible, translucent plastic. I actually need to figure it out again since I'm putting a new one together.

As I said in another thread, when you start in photography and you don't have all the money in the world, you need to be as creative about equipment as you are about the image.

Just this week I saw someone who made a lightbox out of a cardboard box and some tracing paper :lol: He spent something like $2.50. Not bad compared to the $70-90 you'll pay in a store. I'm not sure where I saw that but it may have been on strobist.com.

Those are some good pointers for sure. Although I don't even know what is important when building a lightbox... I guess I'll have to do some google-ing and find out.

Those are some good pointers for sure. Although I don't even know what is important when building a lightbox... I guess I'll have to do some google-ing and find out.

You're welcome. That's why old guys like me are good to have around :lol: and the internet and forums such as this one are great since they give you access to so many people.

The cheap light box:
Strobist: How To: DIY $10 Macro Photo Studio

Enjoy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back