New what do ya thinK honestly

louisy42445

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to this and my daughter in law wanted some maternity photos.
DPP_0001.jpg

blackandwhite.jpg

Last edited:
You'll get more responses if you post the pictures instead of a link to them.

I like the second one. She looks very serene. Is the desaturation on the first one intentional?

yes. The stripes on her shirt were real distracting until I did that. Thanks

you asked for honesty... they are kinda boring.. the first one has really harsh shadows.. this is likely due to the fact that I'm guessing you used a built in flash on a camera.. you should pretty much NEVER used a built in flash on a camera.. they suck.. get an external flash and put it on the hot shoe, and point it at your ceiling..

the second one has potential, but, its still kinda boring..

you should pretty much NEVER used a built in flash on a camera.. they suck..
It's okay to use the pop-up flash as fill flash when shooting outdoors in bright sunlight and you don't have a hot shoe flash with you. But that's about the only time the pop-up flash is useful.

the backgrounds are distracting, try for simple, less clutter.

Distracting background, the Flash is casting harsh shadows on both.

1- the Mans attire isnt photographically accurate (if that makes any sense..) and the hands are cut off

2- Too centered, the window has a glare on it, her face is out of focus, the flash is giving her body a black outline. Lost alot of details, somehow.

Sorry, you asked for honest.

Mark

You know I've always wondered what the deal was with the pregnant moms looking out the window...

You know I've always wondered what the deal was with the pregnant moms looking out the window...

they are looking at the things they could have if they didnt have kids..

they are looking at the things they could have if they didnt have kids..

:lol:

Watching someone drive away the 2-seater convertible that they just sold?

<sigh> I miss my S2000.

Hey don't be sorry that is why I posted. I am learning. Practice Practice Practice

honestly, and please understand that im trying to be tactful, the first one doesnt scream pregnant for me...i think it's the angle, but she doesnt appear to be a petite girl. im missing the 'baby bump' and only seeing a girl with her shirt up.
maybe try one where your son and his wife are more angled in, facing eachother, so we get the obviously pregnant belly.

congrats on being a grandparent! :D

honestly, and please understand that im trying to be tactful, the first one doesnt scream pregnant for me...i think it's the angle, but she doesnt appear to be a petite girl. im missing the 'baby bump' and only seeing a girl with her shirt up.
maybe try one where your son and his wife are more angled in, facing eachother, so we get the obviously pregnant belly.

Thank you for saying it, I was trying to figure out how to word it without being rude. But those are my thoughts exactly. Keep trying! You should go to a few photographers websites and view some of the maternity poses that they use.

Most reactions

Back