New work--it's been a while!

RauschPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven't had the chance to get out and shoot much lately, but it definitely felt good! Feel free to share your feedback :)
5527022207_3ae045ff80.jpg

I love how the picture just draws my eyes all the way down to the very end. I know you can't do anything about it, but IMHO the reflection in the glass is distracting. I find that it makes me jump all the way to the left side of the picture at first to see if I can see what's being reflected. I had to go back and look at it again and consciously skip over the glass to see what was in the middle of the image.

That's just my opinion though. Great shot overall. :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback! Not really sure what I could have done about the reflection either, but I do agree that it's a bit distracting.

1. Love the reflection off the window, i think it adds to the picture.
2. If shooting in RAW, you could off eased off the blacks alittle so the upper window was more visible, if not shooting in RAW maybe lower the contrast down
3. Im an amateur at best so thats my two cents worth :)

I wonder how much a CP would have done...

i like the shot as well...DEF draws the viewer in. :thumbup:

]I wonder how much a CP would have done...[/B]

i like the shot as well...DEF draws the viewer in. :thumbup:

Good point about the CP. I've yet to buy one for my 24-70, because they're not exactly cheap. Definitely on my list! :)

Woah, looks great. Nice colors too. where is this?

This is in Minnesota. Part of "old downtown" Mankato. The whole street is littered with old stores, many of them out of business and abandoned. It's a pretty neat place for shoots :)

I like the photo. I like the blue-reflecting windows, and I enjoy the sight line leading to the distant lamp post. And that big BOOKS on the side of the building...nice! It has a rich, deeply underexposed color transparency look about it. The reflected scene seen in the large window is an added bonus.

Good point about the CP. I've yet to buy one for my 24-70, because they're not exactly cheap. Definitely on my list! :)

No kidding! The 77mm Hoya CPL I got was like $180. It's nice that it works on the 24-70 and the 70-200 though, so I can just swap them.

Cool pic too. :)

I like it girl! How have you been? Looks like both of us have been MIA around here :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back