New Year, New Camera, New Focus on PICTURES

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How goes it lovelies.

Anyone else pick up a 450D after the holidays? Just picked one up from BestBuy (would never usually shop there but got a great deal)...

450D
18-55mm IS
Canon Battery Grip
+1 Lithium Ion Battery (2 in total)
Canon Camera Bag

=$800(can.) taxes and shipping included.

Such a good deal I couldn't pass it up.

Needed a second camera as I've picked up several weddings this year. This was a huge step up from the 300D I was using.

Next up I need a 24-70mm, and I'm set. Eventually I'll grab a 5D but that's not for a while.

Anyway, anyone have any neat tips for the 450D? I could read the manual but if there's anything you kids could fill me in on I would appreciate it. Don't even know how to turn on the Live View function at this point.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Regards,
Paul

Happy New Year, sweet pea! Hope you had great holidays.

Sounds like you got an excellent deal - congrats! :D Sounds like business is picking up, too, good for you.

You know me - I'll "pick up" a digital camera when hell freezes over. :lol: Maybe a cheap point & shoot for online use...if someone gave me one.

it's kinda weird. for me. i've wasted a lot of time doing things i thought would make me richer quicker, and then i get laid off, and the photography thing takes off to the point where i'm very comfortable right now.

should have done this years ago.

it's also weird to have 3 camera's in total. this was just a hobby at one point and somehow i'm 3 camera's deep, two strobes, and all this other equipment...bah. feels good. i'm a "photographer". like I can say it now. cause that's how I live.

anyway.

peace in the middle east. go america (now that obama is pres!!).

:)

Now I see why people were taking better pictures than me for so long.

6mp = less details = not so sharp pictures
12.2mp = SICKLY SHARP PICTURES

1600 ISO with noise reduction on 450D = AMAZING club shots WOW. Way more color with a long exposure and flash.

Center AF Point is AMAZING at low light/contrast focusing. SICK!

Image stabilization, again great for club shots.

Here I was thinking that I just really sucked compared to these other photogs and all along it was just NEW TECHNOLOGY.

Time to play catchup.

Last edited:
you wait - one day the 1D shall be in your hands - then you shall know true sickness!

Good luck with the camera and the weddings!

Most reactions

Back