jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From my walk today. Happy New Year 2022!

1 Egret departing post haste...
jan01202201 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Ring Billed Gull (nice blue sky before the front pushed through)
jan01202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 GBH in the wind (after the front pushed through, lighting conditions had deteriorated)
jan01202204 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 It allowed me to get closer for a better shot
jan01202205 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

5 But not that close...
jan01202206 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

6 American Kestrel (the sky was completely washed out and gray by this time)
jan01202207a by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

7 #6 with the sky modified. What it might have looked like without the cold front.
jan01202207b by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Real nice set, Jeff. #4 and #7 are my favorites. I like how the zoom in 4 pulled the bg in closer and the branches in #7 are kind of artsy with all the little branches twisting and curving.

Last edited:
Nice set Jeff - New Years day too?

I did have a wander out but yet to get around to PP on any images I shot

Les :)

Very nice set. I love the Kestrel.

Real nice set, Jeff. #4 and #7 are my favorites. I like how the zoom in 4 pulled the bg in closer and the branches in #7 are kind of artsy with all the all the little branches twisting and curving.
Thank you! I usually shoot wildlife photos with the widest aperture to let the most light in, due to the fast shutter speed. This is one of my experiments with the aperture at f/11 instead of f/6.3, and I think it worked out well. The Kestrel let me position myself to get a shot without the branches in the way, and I took a larger picture than needed, so that I could crop it how I wanted it.
Very nice set.....
Thanks!
Nice set Jeff - New Years day too?

I did have a wander out but yet to get around to PP on any images I shot

Les :)
Thanks! I need to go back to some of these, like the Kestrel, and see what PP magic I can do other than the sky. I got rid of PS in exchange for 1TB of storage space. All those little subscriptions add up after a while...
Very nice set. I love the Kestrel.
Thank you! I really like those little raptors. It's fun to watch them hover as they hunt for prey. One of these days, I hope one will hover close enough that I can get a good shot.

Indeed Jeff- I have several subscriptions relating to Photography- all justified for me though :)

-

The Kestrel is very nice! :)
Thank you! They are one of my favorite little raptors.
I think it looks better.
Thanks! I tried an HDR thing on it. The under-wing isn't so blown out, and there is more detail, while the sky is a little darker. I like it well enough that it is now my wallpaper on my cellphone.

Great shots! I like #5 BIF shot. Prefer #6 over #7. Sometimes gray days are good backgrounds.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back