New!

righteous_bucks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm just getting into photography but am very interested in it. I've never taken classes or anything, but I like to just go out and take pictures for fun, but as of now I'm just working with a cheap camera :( I'd like to get a nicer one soon, but have no idea what to look for, so any recommendations would be great :) I'm very interested in photography of people and having very clear and detailed pictures if that helps in recommending a camera or lens!

hey,
it's awesome to see people getting interested, expecialy in having fun, that is what art is about I believe... well as long as you enjoy expressing yourself...
what is the equipment you're upgrading from?
what styles do you want to attempt? (emotional portraits, scenic landscapes, pulsing cityscapes, ect.) (this will be very important for both the camera and the lens... especially if you're going to be traveling...)
and least importantly... whats your budget?:lol: (money is the bane of happyness...)
I'll try to be as unbiased as possible... I've shot with Nikon, Cannon, Minolta, and Sigma cameras and ultimately for my purposes settled with Sigma as my mainstay for a slew of reasons which we can discuss as this thread evolves...

edit: I've also done many series in Polaroid... oh the days of being a poor high school student... poorer than I am in college now, somehow...

As of now I'm just using a Sony Cybershot 8.1 megapixels camera, and it's not a bad camera I guess, but it's not able to take some of the types of pictures I'm interested in. Like with more close up pictures, everything is just blurry... haha I'm thinking of doing emotional portrait type pictures, and also a big category for me would be taking pictures of cars. So I'm not too interested at the moment in large scale images like landscapes or cityscapes, but more up close things.

Right now, I'm just looking for a nice camera that's better off than the one I currently have. For just the camera I'm thinking of staying under or around 400, preferably under, and it can be used. I'll worry about lenses afterwards though.

Here are some pictures I've taken with the Cybershot, just so you can get an idea of the car pictures I'm talking about.

DSC04276.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

DSC04921.jpg

Thanks for your help by the way! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back