What's new

Question- How to start getting paid, and how much to charge?

Joined
Oct 6, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, usually I’m just an automotive photographer, but I had the aspiration to try and start sports photography in the off season for payment. My general starting package is $30 for $15 photos, which is way cheaper than others in my area. However, the issue I’m running into, is that I’m not finding enough clientele to make these games worth it, like 5 people paying the $30 for an hour and a half long game. It’s not that people don’t like my work, it’s that they aren’t interested in getting photos and paying for them. How can I encourage that?
 
Hey everyone, usually I’m just an automotive photographer, but I had the aspiration to try and start sports photography in the off season for payment. My general starting package is $30 for $15 photos, which is way cheaper than others in my area. However, the issue I’m running into, is that I’m not finding enough clientele to make these games worth it, like 5 people paying the $30 for an hour and a half long game. It’s not that people don’t like my work, it’s that they aren’t interested in getting photos and paying for them. How can I encourage that?
Maybe offer better photographs, personally contact all those connected with the relevant sport.. 🕺
 
it’s that they aren’t interested in getting photos and paying for them. How can I encourage that?
You nailed it. People don't give a rats a_ _ about professional photographs. We photographers care about high quality photography, but the general public doesn't harbor those same feelings. Good photography just doesn't register with them as something to shell out hard earned money for, unless they have hired you for a specific purpose...weddings, portraits, real estate listings, etc. I doubt whether photos of their kids playing sports rises to the point of them wanting to spend money for them, when cell phone shots suffice for most. I think most who are profiting from their photography efforts are doing so in the aforementioned arenas, or are monitizing their work in social media. I do however wish you the best in your endeavor, and if you do figure it out, please by all means, do tell!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom