Newb, 1st post

NikFan1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. As it says I'm new to this forum and Photography. I have been shooting for about three months now. I have always liked Photography but
some of the nice cams were too expensive for me to buy just to use because
I want to take a few pictures. I decided to buy a D40 and go from there. Well
three months later, I have purchased a 50mm 1.8, 55-200mm VR, 2 SB600's,
light stands, umbrellas and triggers. So it's safe to say I'm hooked, now all I need is a D300 and I'll be happy:lol: It will be nice to see others photos and learn the ins and outs of Photography. Here are a few of my Fav's.

2116175190_ec86b044ab.jpg

DSC_00503-21.jpg

2207245059_54ac93dc7c.jpg

2198374388_52b0a12e75.jpg

2167242998_ff37c12a4f.jpg

2048721546_16f46857da.jpg

2218777926_63a7e889b5_o.jpg

Well let me be the first on the forum to welcome you and say "you've got talent". Some seriously wonderful shots here for someone only a few months in. You have found your calling I believe. 1. 2. and 6 and definate standouts for me. good stuff.

I agree....fantastic shots!!! And you took all those with the D40...you don't need a D300:lol:!! I'm on my first 1,000 shots with my D40 and love it. ALthough I only have a Kit DX 18-55mm and 55-200mm VR and SB-400 speedlight, I'm on my way to buying a macro and building a light box. Expensive addiction no doubt.

All of the shots are fantastic, in my opinion better than some of the experienced photographers on here! The only thing I would try to fix is the over exposure of the face on #3. It might bring out the eyes even more.

Keep taking pictures I'd love to see what you'll take next.

Thanks for the input all! I am learning lots, I can't seem to keep my self out of all theses photo sites, tutorials ect. It's addicting!

^^^ Thank you!

Are you sure you've only been shooting for three months? lol. These are great. I've been shooting for a year and a half and I probably wouldn't be able to imitate this greatness!

excellent photos.

you have found your calling

look forward to more shots:mrgreen:

Are you sure you've only been shooting for three months? lol. These are great. I've been shooting for a year and a half and I probably wouldn't be able to imitate this greatness!

See, my problem is I'm too anal! It drives my wife crazy lol. But ya, 3 months and counting. I do a lot of reading online ect and check out sites like this. I have found that Portrait Photography is my thing, now I want to narrow down
a editing style and I think I'll be happy! Thanks for the kind words!

^^^^ It's ok, your still my boy lol

Welcome, and I must agree you DO have talent. Please stick to it, you will be a talent to be reckoned with by your local peers. And please don't be a stranger here on the forum.

Most reactions

Back