Newb here...have ?'s about cameras

Thanks DSLR:D Is the 50mm really that great? And only around $80?

By the way nice ride and sig...here is mine. And, yes...I made the sig and that is my ride:D

I LOVE my 50 1.8 The first time you want to take a picture in low light @ISO 100 and you see that you meter tells you that 1/60+ is still ok, you'll be shocked, and love how blur free your photos can come out. I use mine ALL the time. I paid $72.68 for mine brand new. If you stop it down to 2.8 or smaller, you'll also find that it is a razor sharp lens (said to rival some L series lenses). It feels like a plastic toy though, so be gentle.

As for the sig, thank you, that is the first comment I've gotten on that sig but I am famous on other forums for my sig work (I can give you a free one if you want it ever). I love my Mazda. As for your (04 I'm guessing by the headlight housings?)Mustang, is that a true Saleen mustang or just a V6/V8 with the saleen kit?

I LOVE my 50 1.8 The first time you want to take a picture in low light @ISO 100 and you see that you meter tells you that 1/60+ is still ok, you'll be shocked, and love how blur free your photos can come out. I use mine ALL the time. I paid $72.68 for mine brand new. If you stop it down to 2.8 or smaller, you'll also find that it is a razor sharp lens (said to rival some L series lenses). It feels like a plastic toy though, so be gentle.

As for the sig, thank you, that is the first comment I've gotten on that sig but I am famous on other forums for my sig work (I can give you a free one if you want it ever). I love my Mazda. As for your (04 I'm guessing by the headlight housings?)Mustang, is that a true Saleen mustang or just a V6/V8 with the saleen kit?

Thank you for the info on the lens. Helps me tremendously.

Your welcome on the sig...pretty cool car!

As for my car...it is a real 2003 S281 SC Speedster. I love my car...it really looks cool with the tonneau cover with the light bar. She is the slowest in our stable...only 375 bhp. I am a gear head...can you tell. The other two in our stable...1 of 1 '98 Steeda Cobra (real) producing 540 bhp and an '03 Cobra (real) producing 515 bhp. I love cars...pretty cool to be able to talk "shop" on a photo forum. I hope I don't get banned...LOL:D:D I will dig up some pics later and post em up. Oh...all three cars are SC!!!!

Always fun to talk to a gearhead (I think this is ok, it's your thread and you got your question answered, talking about cars here is better then starting a new thread or threadjacking someone elses). My mom has an 04 V6 vert stang, I hate it to death, so slow, but I bet your speedster could put a smile on my face, and the Cobras.. oh the lovely Cobras, need I say more about the Cobras? Yeah my Rx-7 is pretty fun, I love telling people that it's only a 1.3L (assuming that if you knew what it was from the sig you know about the rotary engine?, pretty cool, it has no pistons and runs completely differently). It's fun but stock and 21 years old so nothing breath taking, but it still beats the hot hatches made today (most). 0-60 6.7sec top speed 148mph. Like I said nothing crazy, but it DOES have 50/50 weight distribution, massive brakes, independent suspension, rear-steer, rear-wheel-drive, and a limited slip differential so it will run circles around the heavier muscle cars, just needs a little help in the straight line department.

Me and my 2003 S281 SC Speedster with the tonneau cover.

My husbands DSG '03 Cobra-photo taken in Austin, TX

This is the rare one...only white Steeda with Steeda Ultralite white rims made in '98. This car was featured in several magazines.

My dream car...I don't think I will ever own one of these...but it's okay to dream.

Nice cars! yeah... GT(40) is a beauty to behold, as both a piece of art and as a land rocket, not such a beautiful MSRP price. I love the Japanese cars but I do respect these vehicles very much too.

My car:
1987 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo II
IMG_0007edit.jpg

My dream Car:
2002 Mazda Rx-7 RZ
Mazda-RX7_1999_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg

Nice '87 RX-7...very clean car. How did you put the black border on your pic? Pretty cool.

Nice '87 RX-7...very clean car. How did you put the black border on your pic? Pretty cool.
In photoshop. Control + A to select the entire image, then alt + rectangle marque to eyeball the thickness of the border, then shift + F5 to fill with color (R=0 G=0 B=0). Or use rectangle marque to select the part of the image you want to be in frame then control+shift+"I" to inverse, Shift+F5 to fill with color.

Most reactions

Back