Newbie but oldie

drkwackz1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,recently new to digital world,used 35mm film for many yrs,oh by the way I’m 65 going on 25. My problem is a Nikon d3400 with tamron af 70-300 1:4-5.6 lens, today tues 7 April out in sun ,sun shade on lens tried to use camera in A mode, set A to f22,shows 1/125 speed 4000iso. On pressing shutter button opens but won’t release as in takes photo, lookin at display in lens there is “flash symbol / ? “All flashing , why ,also why won’t camera release shutter, thanks for help sorry for long first post.

Hi welcome, I can not help with questions as I speak canon not Nikon
On my canon if it’s in auto and can’t find the focus point it will not take pic. Have you tried other setings

Welcome, I cant say if this would be your issue but I had a D50 with a Sigma 70-300 and the lens had a manual aperature ring on it. I had all sorts of problems with camera operation one day and found that the aperature ring on the lens had been rotated. The ring on the lens is not used and It had to be in the highest number FStop position (F22) in order for the lens and camera to operate properly together. If the tamron has the ring see if it has the same limitation

Hi, and welcome.

I only speak Fuji .... but could it be that at f22 the shot would be underexposed, so it's prompting you to pop up the flash?

I tend to use Aperture Priority, set the aperture I want for the depth of field I'm after, and let the camera choose the shutter speed and iso

Hi,thanks for all replies,seem to have possibly cured it (touches wood), did a reset then tried all lenses on A mode set at f5 ,shutter now releases, so was it set to do something it didn’t like or was I doing something wrong, probably me, so used to my old Minolta x700,s,once again thanks for tipt/help.

Most reactions

Back