Newbie - Feedback please?

ericz83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just bought a Nikon D5100 - have always wanted to get into photography more - just played with cheapie point and shoots until now. Just using the kit lens for now.

All of these shots were done manual - as I am trying to learn. Any feedback, critiques, anything would be helpful!

They were RAW shots, edited in photoshop - saved as jpeg's.

Should I post the originals for real feedback??

One of my favorites is the statue of the girl holding up her dress -- wish I didn't frame it with the tree coming off the top of her head though! Still learning! I think I was more focused on getting camera set right.

1. $come and drink.jpg

2.$garden statue.jpg

3.$glassworks.jpg

4.$metal and glass.jpg

5.$old house.jpg

6.$spread out.jpg

-Eric Z

Last edited:
OK, you got the basics down.

Keep blasting away!

Thanks slackercruster!

It is a lot to learn, but am excited to be learning it.

Compare image #1 and #2: you kept the object in the middle and cut it improper below in the former where as you added an artists interpretation in the second....
#3 would have been fine if you got those wavy rails against that blue sky with clouds with no other distractions like those building blocks....
#4: i think you did not receive what you were expecting here....
#5; this is fine...please brighten this up
#6: This is creatively expressed

Regards :D

Compare image #1 and #2: you kept the object in the middle and cut it improper below in the former where as you added an artists interpretation in the second....
#3 would have been fine if you got those wavy rails against that blue sky with clouds with no other distractions like those building blocks....
#4: i think you did not receive what you were expecting here....
#5; this is fine...please brighten this up
#6: This is creatively expressed

Regards :D

#1 looked eerie to me, I think that is why I like it, but agree with that you said, thank you!
#2 - Thanks, I really do like this one.
#3- Great suggestion - I think that was my original intent but missed it!
#4 - I agree
#5 - Good suggestion. Originally I thought I liked the big house, kind of ominous and dark, contrasted with the bush and green grass maybe it it was more overcast or more of a grey sky I could of achieved that?

I really appreciate the feedback! Any other C&C?

Most reactions

Back