What's new

Newbie First CC Post

JJOC5547

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 25, 2010
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm such a newb. These were taken in SF Pier39 a couple months ago. I played around with the trial of Lightroom to make the pictures pop. CC's are most welcome! Not sure if i'm doing this right. I need all the help i can get! Thanks!

1.
Pier39.jpg


2.
Pier3.jpg


3.
Pier2.jpg
 
Welcome. Okay, I think the first thing you need to do is explain what you're trying to do and what end result you want to see. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' in photography as long as you, the photographer are happy, that's what counts. That aside, some observations on the technical aspects:

1. Not really sure what is intended as the main subject. I find my eye getting confused between the dark space under the pier and the bright around it. As well, the colours appear to me somewhat over-saturated.

2. Wow, they've really done some changes here since the last time I visited. Once again, I'm not really seeing a distinct subject. The image is EXTREMELY busy, and there's just way too much to look at here.

3. An improvement; less busy but somewhat under-exposed and you seem to have missed the focus. The timbers in the right foreground are sharp, but the rest of the image is quite soft.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John
 
Thanks for the feedback. Mainly what i was trying to accomplish is to work with Lightroom. I have no PP experience and I wasn't sure if I was doing it right. I just played w/ it and the pictures seem better than the originals. But I'll definitely look into improving my composition.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom