What's new

Newbie needs to learn, c+c please.

eddlum25

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
196
Reaction score
15
Location
Bingley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took them in manual mode this time.

Please tell me how can I better compose them.

1.
IMG_0944-800.jpg


2.
IMG_0943-800.jpg



Thank you for looking.
 
I don't like that they're crooked. But that's probably just a reflection of my style. Others I'm sure will love them.
 
Please tell me how can I better compose them.
Your verticals are skewed. #2, why is the branch and the little bump of a roof there? Consider the lines in your image. Do they allow the viewer to traverse the image in any logical manner? I think the blacks are a bit much, but the exposure is pretty good. Work on the comp and thee story behind the image. Nice detail and potential, but nothing stands out for me.
 
To me there is nothing special here, they look snapshottish. The crooked angle doesn't help. White window frames are blown out.

Building on the left is distracting from the subject which should be the clock tower.

I'm not too good at landscape composition either, but one way you can help yourself is to look at photosets of other photographers to get an idea of what makes a good looking composition. I like to spend a lot of time on Flickr just browsing photos:)
 
Thank you for your fast response guys, all points taken on board :)
 
I think the pictures are great, I'm not crazy about the angles, though.
 
they are a little whacky............ think about framing when you pull the trigger...

IMG_0944-800.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom