TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From my last newborn shoot... thoughts?

2j5kr42.jpg

2j35mxv.jpg

w1s138.jpg

Great captures. I don't particularly like #2. It seems really overexposed and the color is lost. I like the vintage feel to #3. Maybe a little skin smoothing to even out her face.

Over all, great job. I would be happy if I was that baby's mom :)

That baby just let you do whatever you wanted with her!! How old was the baby and how did it "really" go during the session? How long did it take you?

KMB1016- Thanks, I'll definitely do a little skin smoothing and bring down the exposure on #2.

berryblue- Thank you! I made the vintage preset in Lightroom and I think it works really well with newborns.

Rebekah5280- She was a bit fussy at first, but with the heat cranked up, some white noise, and lots of initial rocking, she went right to sleep for me. I swear that combo never fails! And once she was out she was a breeze to pose. She was 7 days old. The shoot was scheduled to go from 11:00am-1:00, but they always run 20 to 30 minutes over. So about 2 and a half hours.

Also, sorry for the watermarks, I know you guys don't like those on here! I partner with a lot of Etsy sellers so I have to watermark all of my images to protect the sellers and the photograph.

My favorite people to photograph are newborns and babies! I typically spend about 2 hours with each of my newborns. I need to incorporate the white noise to see if it helps me with my newborns. I was also thinking about getting a hot water bottle to put under the blankets that I lay the babies on.
I'm hoping with a few tricks and more practice I can get my babies in some of those poses.
Thank you for sharing your work! I bet mom and dad were thrilled!

Most reactions

Back