Newborn Photo Question

It is dangerous for their heads to fall that short distance. For a while the SIDS numbers were wrong because they found out that a lot of the cases were actually from neck injuries. Google it, I would but I'm on my iPhone...

Hmmm... im gonna have to ask my sons pedi about it and if its safe...

It is dangerous for their heads to fall that short distance. For a while the SIDS numbers were wrong because they found out that a lot of the cases were actually from neck injuries. Google it, I would but I'm on my iPhone...

Hmmm... im gonna have to ask my sons pedi about it and if its safe...

I have already shown it to my pedi friend. She said in a bazillion years NOT to do this. The dangers from "the head falling 2 inches into a soft pillow" are like whiplash to the neck and vertebra muscles in the spine. Also it is from the shoulder muscles in the baby as well as the wrist. Plus how that photog shook the babys head is NOT needed, WTF was that? It does piss me off because the shot is all the rage and you have all these people trying to pose baby like this, just wait for something to happen and then see how cute the shot is.

So if you want this shot, just do it safely by having mom/dad/assistant hold the head and then have them hold the hands, merge the two pictures together and clone.

Their vertebrae are not hard like ours. You can easily damage something in their back or their neck. What is it with people needing to have these unnatural poses with newborns ? Anything for a good shot ?? :thumbdown:

I've never understood the fascination with this pose--it's not natural, and it looks extremely awkward IMO. Not saying I won't do the shots if a client wants it, but I've never been a fan personally.

So fishing line is out.:er:
How about velcro?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back