Newborn practice

mommy-medic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had two families (one from church, one a coworker) have babies last week. They generously allowed me to do practice shoots for my portfolio. I am insured, and would eventually like to do paid shoots (just hobby for hire, not a studio or full time business), but do not yet feel like I've fully found my groove, and am getting closer (but not quite there) to providing consistent results. I wanted to share my favorite recent baby shot. (and now I see a small scratch on his cheek I will edit out in my original).

1:

000_2104 by awaagen

and B&W

2:

000_2104-2 by awaagen

I think you did great! These have a professional feel to it, especially the first one. :) I like the skin tone, although head space is a bit close.

Very nice. I think you need more room above the head. If you did not shoot it with that much room, you could easily clone more room on the top. Just in case someone print it and frame it.

Schwetty, do you use CS5? I would love to know how to use that technique to make more room. Know a good tutorial for it?

I'm on cs3 and imagine you'd just layer this image onto a larger background and use the clone stamp tool to add more background. Moms hand was supporting the back baby's head in this shot and I cloned it out too. :)

Oh! How sweet! You did a great job!

Schwetty, do you use CS5? I would love to know how to use that technique to make more room. Know a good tutorial for it?

I normally reverse crop it out and clone in the empty space. I can't remember for the life of me where I found the tutorial on this though :meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back