Newborn Shoot C&C

Claire Pacelli

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
#3 makes me nauseous because everything is out of focus.
#5 and #6 are adorable :)

I love #5 Love the comp love the lighting love the conversion!
I like 2 and 4 as well but they would have been so much cuter without that darn diaper on... Very distracting.
#3 really bothers me.. Great job!

Those are nice! I like all of the last 4 pictures. Not a big fan of selective colouring though.

Taking notes from my last C&C yesterday I embarked on my second shoot with a little baby girl. It was definatly hard as there was little light to be found but I did my best! Please be honest and help me grow =)

Small Steps by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Family by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Kincade Nursery by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Mobile by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr
Restful by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Chilling by Claire Pacelli, on Flickr

Thank You =) :hug::

I think these are good overall...
However here is my 2 cents

#1. Mom's feet look GINORMOUS! Not sure how you could angle the feet better or something, maybe shoot from dads feet instead of angling moms, but her feet are wow, crazy big and I can barely see babys feet.

#2. Please, no selective color.

#3. I am not sure what this is? The reflection on a picture frame of peter pan? It might work if either subject was clearer, either Peter Pan/TinkerBelle or the family, but as it is now, it looks too out of focus and cluttered.

#4. Very sweet, just wish baby either had a diaper cover on or was naked, disposable diapers rarely make good photos.

#5. Best of your set.

#6. Baby looks uncomfortable :(

Ok, definately a cute baby.
#1 I find having the parents in the background distracts from the foot shot its suppose to be, also not flattering for the mom as her feet are as big as her husbands. Too spreadout in shot.
#2 Again I find it distracting away from the baby to have the parents blurred in this frame. I also get an odd distant feeling in these shots like they don't want to be close.
#3 Don't get 3, not clear.
#4 Its my personal feelings that the baby should never be blurred, otherwise diaper.
#5 and 6 are the cutest. Only the diaper, maybe it can be cloned out.
Just my thoughts. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Keep the last 2, the rest arent very good. Agreed what ababysean said on #1. #2 the baby looks like a giant baby.

Here's a few tips for you :)

#1, you should have propped baby up so that we could see his/her face as well :)
#2, I don't like how soft everything looks and it almost looks like a composite. Like the baby is from another picture and the baby looks WAY bigger than it should lol. I understand it's because the baby is closer to the camera than the parents, but it just looks REALLY weird to me...
#3, I'm with everyone else - doesn't work for me at all. It's a cute idea, but it's not working :/
#4, I think these shots look better with the baby in focus and the mobile out of focus. Or maybe even having mom or dad hold the mobile closer to the baby so that it (again because of the camera distance) doesn't look so much bigger than the baby!
#5 & #6 are pretty darn good. My only "pick" would be that on #6, it takes a lot of patience and positioning and repositioning over and over and over to make that shot work perfectly. It would be much better if you had gotten a shot of baby's head straight up with baby's chin on hands so you were looking straight at baby's face instead of baby's face looking like it's looking down.

Also, with the diaper, if you don't have a plain white diaper cover and the parents don't want to take the diaper off, do what you can to keep the diaper out of the pictures. If that's not possible, then in your post processing, edit out all the color in the diaper... If you need some advice or suggestions on how to do that, feel free to PM me and I will explain it a little better :)

Hope this is helpful to you :)

Thank you all for your feedback! I wasn't able to check on it till now! I am so glad I joined this forum, there is so much knowledgable and constructive feedback to be had here it is amazing! I am so glad you brought up the diaper cover, I never thought of that and I am buying a few today! Also I tried to do the naked thing but the baby just kept peeing on all the sheets haha! Im really upset about that too cause I really wanted just one shot of the baby in the buff. Also thank you for the idea of proping the baby up, I should have thought of that. After all the baby is my subject matter duh /bonks myself.

This is all so very helpful and I really feel as if I am growing each shoot with you all in my corner. Thank you all for taking the time to critique my work, I will take notes and grow from this!

Claire =) :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back