Newborn shoot

lalalala<3life

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Baby Hailey's photo shoot. She was being such a good little girl. C&C welcome on these photos! I always want to know what's wrong so I can improve!!! Enjoy!!!

The first two are about the same but I edited them two different ways. Which does everyone like the best?

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

I like the first one better then the second one... the #2 looks to yellow.

Having a 2 month old myself I know how hard it is to get the lil buggers to sit still for a photoshoot lol. What kind of lighting are you using? It seems to be casting an orange color causing her skin to look an unnatural tone. The white balance just seems to be off. Pose / composition wise, #1 and #4 are my favorites in this set

what a sweet baby! i love all her spikey hair! cute pictures but i don't like the lighting...the WB is off... everything looks yellow/orange to me...

Having a 2 month old myself I know how hard it is to get the lil buggers to sit still for a photoshoot lol
Sit? My 2.5 months old doesn't want to sit/lay still, while my 2yr old doesn't want to stand still :) Its the reason why I went DIY on lighting gear - quicker to set up and doesn't take as much room.

CC:
Overall, I'm not found of colors and/or filters (too tired to see which one it really is).
#1-5, don't really do it for me - kid looks very uncomfortable and awkward.
#6 kid looks less awkward, right hand is in motion blur. and you got a lot of foreground,which to me is distracting
#7, I like - you can see the kid in all her glory, again, colors/filter isn't my flavor. Image does appear to be a bit underexposed though histogram might disagree with me b/c of all the light tones and eyes are sharp.

They seem to be shot at relatively wide apertures, my personal problem with that is #1 most glass have sharpest apertures b/n f/5.6-11 and #2 to shoot with less dof focusing really has to be DEAD-ON-ACCURATE, ESPECIALLY in portraiture photography where ideally eyes should be the sharpest point - something that I don't often see done NICE. Images you posted overall seem to be soft which again brings me to above two points.

Keep on shooting and improving :D

One suggestion is to convert these to B&W. Typically babies look much better in B&W primarily because of skin tone issues. If you do leave it in color I would definitely work on the white balance, they seem rather orange in all of them.

Most reactions

Back