TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.anellerichardson.co.za
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I've been scarce, but wanted to post these for cc:

CC on everything appreciated! I am wearing big girl panties.... :)

Hannah01editedWeb.jpg

Hannah05re-editWeb.jpg

Hannah03BWWeb.jpg

Hannah02Web.jpg

Hannah06Web.jpg

These look great, but i'm still trying to learn more...I actually have a newborn shoot on wednesday for a friend of mine and was going to ask a few questions. Can you tell me how you "propped" up the baby? were you at ground level? Also, what did you use for lighting?
The only thing I would say is that the skin tones on 1 and 3 are different...did you have a different light setup? The composition on #4 looks a little strange to me. was it cropped down? Maybe too much. I would want to see a little more of the baby, but that's just me.

Thank you!

Lightspeedfoto, I'm assuming you mean the skintones in 1 and 2, since 3 is b&w and as much as I suck at conversions I'd like to think that it is obvious :) :) :) Actually, I think #2 has a green colour cast, I need to fix that. #4 has been cropped, but not much. I have some others of her showing more of the body, but I love, love, love her pouty little lips on this one!

I use a large bean bag and a boppy for propping up the baby (sometimes both, sometimes only the beanbag). I try to get a variety of shots: some from the floor, some eye-level (of the baby) and some from above. Lighting: All natural light - in front of a large window, baby positioned about 30 degrees to the light (I think 45 degrees would probably have been better)... I taped some huge sheets of white paper on the bookshelves lining the walls perpendicular to the window. That way there was plenty naturally bounced light and I managed to shoot these at ISO 100, shutter speed around 100 - 160 and ap between 1.6 and 2.2 late afternoon.

HTH

cool, thanks!...i think i got mine up finally. the problem was that kodakgallery wasn't giving me a good link. i put them back up through flickr and it seems to be working great.

i'll post the new ones on thursday when i'm done shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back