Newby here. Critique?

stacye13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi. I'm new to the forum and pretty new to photography. I got a Canon Rebel XSi with the kit lens last fall and have been slowly trying to learn on my own from scratch. I recently got the $200 55-250 telephoto lens and am loving it. I'd love to have some good glass but right now the $200 was a serious stretch. I was wondering if I can get some critique on some of my pictures. I'm not sure if this is going to do the links right but we'll see...

1. pictures that I did in photoshop elements 9 with the kit lens. The first one is way too hazy to me. (I didn't take the background pictures. This is from when I first started and I haven't went back and changed it to one of my background pics yet)

Untitled-1 by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

Brook by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

2. I took these this past weekend with the telephoto lens.

_MG_3063 copy by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

_MG_3086 copyh_edited-1 by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

IMG_3039 by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

4. Stuff from when I first got the camera

Berry by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

Berry by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

IMG_0440 by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hard to give too much feedback with so many photos butI think 3086 has some merit.... 3099 is a great photo but you have to pull some of the red out of it. she's cute as can be!

Thanks :) I just couldn't decide which to post so I kinda went with a little of everything. She's my neice and such a wonderful little model. I'm learning how to use PS Elements so I am still unsure on how to do some things. I just got a book and am learning as I go along.

Is this better?

_MG_3099_edited-1 copy by Katet_of_13, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks :) I just couldn't decide which to post so I kinda went with a little of everything. She's my neice and such a wonderful little model. I'm learning how to use PS Elements so I am still unsure on how to do some things. I just got a book and am learning as I go along.

Is this better?
_MG_3099_edited-1 copy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You really need to learn how to post images instead of posting links. Many people (like myself) won't bother to click on links to your flickr or whatever it happens to be. Use

Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to do that from Flickr. I just replaced all of the links with the images.

Most reactions

Back