NEX 7 at 3200iso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare the NEX 7 to anything else in it's class. The Nikon J1 sux. The NEX 7 wasn't a camera designed to cover the super bowl.

The Comparison of an NEX 7 to a FF camera is closer than the comparison of the NEX 7 to the Nikon J1. The NEX 7 has ~3.2 times the area of a J1 CX format sensor. Meawhile, a FF sensor only has 2.3 times the area of the NEX 7 sensor, and the APS-H that has been mentioned only has 1.6 times the area of the NEX 7 sensor. Just sayin'.

Well there you go. If it wasn't for Ashton Kutcher Nikon probably couldn't give them away. But I still feel they are in the same class, all EVIL compacts.

Compare the NEX 7 to anything else in it's class. The Nikon J1 sux. The NEX 7 wasn't a camera designed to cover the super bowl.

The Comparison of an NEX 7 to a FF camera is closer than the comparison of the NEX 7 to the Nikon J1. The NEX 7 has ~3.2 times the area of a J1 CX format sensor. Meawhile, a FF sensor only has 2.3 times the area of the NEX 7 sensor, and the APS-H that has been mentioned only has 1.6 times the area of the NEX 7 sensor. Just sayin'.

Well there you go. If it wasn't for Ashton Kutcher Nikon probably couldn't give them away. But I still feel they are in the same class, all EVIL compacts.

Well there are a couple of benefits to them that some people might find appealing. For the wild life shooter, the 2.7x crop factor can be nice and for video shooters and 'pray and spray' shooters will like the 60fps at FULL resolution (skieur eat your heart out) as well as full time phase detect AF.

Probably for bikers ect as well. Most I know aren't really conserned with super IQ, just speed and size. I read the AF is blinding fast and can nail a moving target. I saw one at Wolf camera today. I wish now I had tried it. I was like 80 miles from home and it's the closest camera store to me. They had no a77s or NEX 7s and no idea when they would be getting any.

Well there are a couple of benefits to them that some people might find appealing. For the wild life shooter, the 2.7x crop factor can be nice and for video shooters and 'pray and spray' shooters will like the 60fps at FULL resolution (skieur eat your heart out) as well as full time phase detect AF.

argieramos said:
Speechless? I guess this troll has given up. I am way too smart for him. nyehehe :)

Don't talk to others about being trolls when all you've done is trash any brand but your precious Sony.

belial said:
Don't talk to others about being trolls when all you've done is trash any brand but your precious Sony.

You guys are just tasting your own medicines. I don't trash other brand, I am just merely stating the fact. Canon trolls started bashing here first and I am just telling them that before bashing Sony, they have to make sure that their favorite brand (Canon) have something good. Canon sensors is already behind Sony. Thats all bro :)

Back when I played Halo 2 competatively, our team got a lot of other players mad because of how well we played and the results that we produced. They would be shouting over their mic's all sorts of obscentites. All we'd say back is...

Check the scoreboard, noobs:

2010-global-DSLR-ILC-camera-market-share-according-to-IDC-Japan.jpg

argieramos said:
Speechless? I guess this troll has given up. I am way too smart for him. nyehehe :)

He does not even have a bloody Sony

o hey tyler said:
Back when I played Halo 2 competatively, our team got a lot of other players mad because of how well we played and the results that we produced. They would be shouting over their mic's all sorts of obscentites. All we'd say back is...

Oh cool, DSLR chart. How about the global camera market? With mirrorless market getting bigger, Canon is gonna get killed! Nyehehehe..
Still doesn't change the fact that Canon sensors are outdated piece of c**p. :)

o hey tyler said:

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Scoreboard.

gsgary said:

Oh yea? who told you that? lol
You might wanna throw your obsolete FF 5D. Even Nex 5n takes better pictures than that lol.
Canon 5D vs Sony NEX-5N
Nex 5n: Better image quality 77.0 vs 71.0 "Around 10% better image quality"
Ouch! lol

Yeah dude. Compare a camera from 2006, to a camera manufactured in 2011.

Let me say again... Scoreboard.

o hey tyler said:
Yeah dude. Compare a camera from 2006, to a camera manufactured in 2011.

Let me say again... Scoreboard.

You can see my post now. :) That's good.
That camera from 2006 is using a Full-Frame sensor, but got beaten by an APS-C camera.

Lets compare the old NEX-3 to the newer T3i
http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-T3i-vs-Sony_Alpha_NEX-3
NEX-3:
-Better Image quality
-More dynamic range
-Lower noise at high ISO.

lol

I think that both argieramos and o hey tyler is wrong. For market shares, Nikon is ahead - in Japan. Why do Canon wins in global share? Canon market a lot, even if their products is inferior. I agree with argieramos that the sensors in Canon DSLRs are much worse compared to Sony, Nikon and Pentax's, but that's because even their cameras are new, their sensor the old ones. Canon have not seemed to have a new sensor even till now, cause' the G1X's sensor is basically almost the same as the APS-C sensors in their DSLRs.

Last edited:
gsgary said:

Oh yea? who told you that? lol
You might wanna throw your obsolete FF 5D. Even Nex 5n takes better pictures than that lol.
Canon 5D vs Sony NEX-5N
Nex 5n: Better image quality 77.0 vs 71.0 "Around 10% better image quality"
Ouch! lol

Snapsort is wrong, 6 points = more than 1/3 of a stop increment in performance which equals to more than 33% improvement in overall image quality. One big reason Sony sensors is better is their dynamic range, which is more than 2 stops better than Sony. Noise performance is also slightly behind Sony because of Canon's high read noise. Without that high read noise, Canon's noise performance might even be better than Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back