Not open for further replies.

cosmonaut

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregmccary.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No noise reduction. I don't think its that bad. Considering I come from Olympus where 3200 was unusable in most cases. I thought it cool AT&T put a huge billboard over the Verizon store.LOL

competetion_forces.jpg

The photo you have posted is only 800 x 533 pixels and the image noise in the sky is visible at 100% scale. One can image how bad it looks like full size at 6000 x 4000 pixels.

But that's to be expected when 24 MP are crammed onto a small APS-C size image sensor. Canon discovered 18 MP crammed onto an APS-C size sensor didn't work out to well.

I hate to say it, but the noise performance there is pretty gruesome to my eyes! How does it clean up after noise reduction? I would be intrigued to see a sample if you could post it? Would be great to see if it retains any sharpness after noise reduction is applied.

gsgary said:
Rough by probably better than A77

That made your 1D MkII shot at that ISO looks like was taken by a point and shoot camera lol.

gsgary said:

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.

You must be referring to the photos in the concert venue? The ones with no visible noise, right?

I'm sure if Cosmonaut ran this photo through noise reduction, it would actually look pretty crisp. :thumbup:

gsgary said:

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.

You must be referring to the photos in the concert venue? The ones with no visible noise, right?

I'm sure if Cosmonaut ran this photo through noise reduction, it would actually look pretty crisp. :thumbup:

I knew it would get him fired up :lol: it makes my day winding him up

o hey tyler said:

How you wish Canon camera could take photo as good as that.
Even the NEX takes better pictures than the Canon best APS-C camera, the 7D
http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon_EOS_7D-vs-Sony_Alpha_NEX-3

Come back here when Canon start making good camera lol

gsgary said:
I knew it would get him fired up :lol: it makes my day winding him up

I am ready to kick your ass again in this thread lol

I really wish you would quit comparing the NEX7 and a77 to full frame cameras, I am soon to be getting an a850, then we'll talk. I think the a77 and NEX 7 stands up well to cameras priced in the same range. If you like lugging a five pound camera around all the time then so be it. Compare the NEX 7 to anything else in it's class. The Nikon J1 sux. The NEX 7 wasn't a camera designed to cover the super bowl.

Competing Forces by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

It does not beat the Panasonic GX1, don't try and compare the A850 with the 5d for noise because you will be in for a hiding, but the A850 is a great studio/ landscape camera, stick an 85F1.4 and you have a fantastic studio camera

I really wish you would quit comparing the NEX7 and a77 to full frame cameras, I am soon to be getting an a850, then we'll talk. I think the a77 and NEX 7 stands up well to cameras priced in the same range. If you like lugging a five pound camera around all the time then so be it. Compare the NEX 7 to anything else in it's class. The Nikon J1 sux. The NEX 7 wasn't a camera designed to cover the super bowl.

Competing Forces by Cosmonaut's, on Flickr

The alleged "full frame" camera that Argue Ramos mentioned is not a full frame camera. It's an APS-H body. 1.3x Crop Factor. I enjoy lugging around a 5lb camera/lens. It gives me good results. If we were talking about the 5D Mark II or D700, that would be a bit different.

Like I said, with a good hand at noise removal, the photo should shine. I'm not dissing or putting down your camera. Almost any camera at ISO 3200 can benefit from NR.

Well coming from Olympus, I guess you know about their high ISO, I am thrilled. Hopefully I can complete my system soon with a A850. DXO marks puts that one pretty high. Not as much as the king Nikon full frame. But Nikon glass is just to costly.

o hey tyler said:
The alleged "full frame" camera that Argue Ramos mentioned is not a full frame camera. It's an APS-H body. 1.3x Crop Factor. I enjoy lugging around a 5lb camera/lens. It gives me good results. If we were talking about the 5D Mark II or D700, that would be a bit different.

Like I said, with a good hand at noise removal, the photo should shine. I'm not dissing or putting down your camera. Almost any camera at ISO 3200 can benefit from NR.

Fool, That was on the first a77 thread. I've been referring the 1D as APS-H which is also bigger than the APS-C. Nice try. But with that bigger sensor, it's a shame to see it beaten by smaller sensors found in a580,Nex 5n, Nex-7, a77.
Call Canon and tell them to make sensors that can compete with the 16mp and 24mp of Sony. lol

Cosmonaut, Expect the A850 with a lens to be about 4 or 5lbs. You previously mentioned that you didn't want to carry around a camera of that weight, so I'm just giving you a heads up.

I carry around a 5D or 5DMK2 with an 85mm f/1.4 and I've found a black rapid strap to be indispensable. I strongly suggest you pick one up with the A-850.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back