Next Big Meet-up?

Anti. Tangerini, Geoff and me. So with you two that will be six.
I don't know about anyone else but others may turn up.

If anyone is thinking of coming - even a maybe - then PM me and I'll give you my mobile number. Then if you decide to come you can find us.

Many UK residents I contacted several weeks ago expressed interest in attending for at least part of the meetup. I'll give 'em a nudge by PM to see if their plans have solidified.

So...

23 May (Saturday) - people arriving and settling in. Meet at pub in the evening*. Meal?
24 May (Sunday) - Meet at pub around lunchtime. Visit Rutland Water. And then take it from there. If nice weather then BBQ in my garden?
25 May (Monday) - To be decided on Sunday evening.
The rest of the week will be determined by how many are staying and what they want to do.

Anyone want to change this? Or make suggestions?

* Or we can meet up at my place if you prefer.

What time does the farmer's market on the Saturday close? Any chance it's still on in the afternoon? And how about Oakham Castle...maybe we can visit there on Saturday afternoon, before dinner.

Tangerini's in town by Friday night, right? Jeff and I will hopefully arrive around lunchtime on Saturday. I haven't heard when Chris and Anne Marie hit town yet.

I see the forecast for the next 4 days is for rain. Hopefully the area gets that out of its system, so that we have lovely sunny weather* for the whole week of the meet up.

(*
rosespecs.gif
<---- Like my rose coloured glasses??)

It takes about 3.5 hours to get down there from our house. I guess we'd be aiming for mid afternoon roughly, but it's always difficult to know for sure.

Oh no Hertz! I'm happy all is sorted now. :hug::

I am so excited!! Everything sounds good to me. Your plans make a lot of sense... It'll be easier to gauge what we're up for once we're there.

It sounds like Tempra and family (Sandie and kidlets) will be joining us on the Sunday. Duncanp is trying to fit in a visit, depending on transportation arrangements. Overread and Lostprophet are 'maybe's, due to transportation issues. Fangman and Notegraphics and Mohain have said in the past they hope to join in for part of the meet up. So a nice crowd is forming. :boogie:

I take it the sig smillie is the whole bunch of you watching my reputation* go up in flames...

If the weather holds good on the Sunday we could try for a BBQ in the pocket handkerchief I like to call my garden. Or we could go for a restaurant... Or we could order take out (pizza, Chinese, Indian etc) and drop it all over the floor at my place.
I also have two sofas and a tent so if anyone is made unwell by the alcohol I could probably put them up... or out.

* That is, if I ever had a reputation.

There's a postage stamp of a garden at the place where I'm staying as well. I had planned on having everyone over at some point for takeaway Chinese (or whatever). So add that to the itinerary. A Canadian brekkie of French Toast with Maple Syrup chez moi is another option.

I was trying to work out a menu that would be suitable for everyone, taking into account dietary requirements and personal tastes. With two Americans and a Canadian to contend with I've gone for vegetarian-style Mooseburgers.

grill.gif

(Ya gotta make them smaller as they're too hard to flip on the grill like this)

:lmao:

Actually, the circle of smilies are burning your furniture to make room for dancing

I was trying to work out a menu that would be suitable for everyone, taking into account dietary requirements and personal tastes. With two Americans and a Canadian to contend with I've gone for vegetarian-style Mooseburgers.

Oooh veggie mooseburgers are a personal favorite. How did you know?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back