Next Big Meet-up?

Let me know what the plan is - i.e. where on Sunday, the rest of the day I'm ok with no real plan as is the wont on these things, but it would be nice to know where to go.

We'll decide that on Saturday and post it. Although I should imagine a walk around Rutland Water is on the agenda unless it decides to snow.
I think I still have your mobile - unless you've changed it. Mine's still the same.

Well I'm back in the country now, so barring any unforeseen emergencies, we'll be along some time on Saturday afternoon.

For those coming up for Sunday - we will gather at the Grainstore pub (right next door to the Railway Station) in Oakham from about 11.30 am. until 12.30 - 13.00 ish when we will decamp to Rutland Water (park South shore near the dam).
Monday is still to be decided and I'll post something here tomorrow or Sunday morning.
Anyone coming on Saturday then PM me and I'll give you my mobile number (if you don't have it) as soon as I can. I've just got in from work and now I have to drive down to Canterbury to collect a Tangerini :lol:

Get the drinks in - will see you there on Sunday morning.

Well I'm up, which must mean I ought to think about getting ready to head Oakham way. See some of you later then.

The penguin has landed....

I never knew a penguin could take off - yet alone land!

We will have notices up soon on the county border saying "Welcome to Penguin Country" and all the twitchers out in force. Make a change from the over population of Canada Geese on our waterways

Penguin in a tube.
Now there's a novelty.

Tangerini hasn't surfaced yet. We didn't get back here until after midnight (you don't mean to say you took a wrong turning on the way up, Hertz? What? Me? I'd never do something as dumb as that) and I guess she is still recovering from the flight.
Or from the fact that I knew there was a State called Oregon.
At least, I think she's still asleep. There is the possibility that several hours in a car with me was enough and she's run away to saner lands :lol:

Most reactions

Back