Next Big Meet-up?

They are usually there by April.
You should find all the info you want here.

If we are serious about this then I suppose I'll need to start checking out accommodation.
Rutland isn't cheap but camping is an option.
I'll see what is available.

thank you, might spend a whole week up there then

Rutland? May? Sounds good to me.

Though I feel ashamed I didn't know where Rutland was. It sounds German.

Rutland? May? Sounds good to me.

Though I feel ashamed I didn't know where Rutland was. It sounds German.

Rutland Water, home of Peter F Hamilton

The end of May would be a good time.
Exton Village street market is held on Bank Holiday Monday towards the end of the month.
The whole village is closed to traffic and becomes a market and fair. You can also get access to the Gainsborough estate at this time so lots of photo ops.
It's also just at the start of the tourist season so things haven't got too busy.
We could make it a long weekend to a week depending on how people are fixed.

I think it's really unfair that you can get around most of the EU in a day or two, whereas Los Estados Unidos is this giant friggin' conglomerate of land that is not only obscenely large, but also cut off from most of the world.

Well, I'm afraid you're not informed right if you really think you can get around "most of the EU in a day or two", for you can't - unless you fly large distances from Place A in Country A to Place B in Country B, which is what you can do in Los Estados Unidos, también, if you want to...

Ask Hertz himself how long it took him to get to my place here in Germany by car (and boat), and how fit and alert he felt upon arrival...

I think it's really unfair that you can get around most of the EU in a day or two, whereas Los Estados Unidos is this giant friggin' conglomerate of land that is not only obscenely large, but also cut off from most of the world.

The last European meet-up had about 30% participants from outside the EU.

And travelling from NYC to Frankfurt takes about as long as travelling from where I live in Germany to my favourite vacation region in Sweden. Also the NYC-Frankfurt flight is cheaper.

So do not underestimate travel in Europe ;)

reg, another example: I used to have a girlfriend in the Southwest of England while I live in Germany.

If she had been living in say Chicago instead, we could have met up more often since travel would have been cheaper and much faster.

The last European meet-up had about 30% participants from outside the EU.

And travelling from NYC to Frankfurt takes about as long as travelling from where I live in Germany to my favourite vacation region in Sweden. Also the NYC-Frankfurt flight is cheaper.

I wouldn't be flying out of NYC - it'd be Atlanta+ a connecting flight since that's the closest international airport and even then that's a solid 8hr drive from here.

:er:

I suppose that if I lived further north you'd be correct though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back