Next Big Meet-up?

I'm still interested too, I've been keeping an eye on airfare.

Stansted, East Midlands Airport and Birmingham International are all reasonably easy access to here.
The rail line through here shuttles between Stansted and Birmingham.
Heathrow and Gatwick are also connected to here by rail but they are longer haul, include having to negotiate London Underground and are more expensive.
Rail maps can be got from here.
The cheapest flights usually involve the farthest flung airports at the silliest times so quite often what you save on the flight is sucked up by getting to where you are going once you land.
But I have been known to provide a taxi service for people to and from airports as long as it's not too far, so stupid times in the morning need not be ruled out.

Tracking this thread. I'm fundamentally interested, but have little control over my schedule. I was going to go to Corinna's meet-up as well, but got overwhelmed last minute.

Put me on the maybe list.

well, the chance of going to this meet-up got alot smaller. Im probably buying an appartment this month and i need the money for that. But im still going to try to get there though.

So, is the Exton Market on Monday May 25th, 2009? And how long do you think you can stand the company of "American's" like Tangerini and me? It's getting to be the time I have to think about booking off time from work and making flight/accommodation arrangements.

Tangerini, how much time were you thinking of spending in the Rutland area, assuming you're able to make the meetup?

Who else is still targeting this meetup?? I've been known to bring odd/wacky gifts for attendees, so I've gotta start planning. :mrgreen: Fangman? Lostprophet? Arch? Overread? Mohain? Tempra and Mrs Tempra? Plasticspanner? L'il Louie? ferny? Becky? Android? You're all almost 'local', so you've got no excuse not to be there!

I'll probably be there. I've not got drunk in Rutland, yet.

Offer of lifts is there too, if you're coming past Luton. But will have to arrange/confirm nearer the time.

Heavily involved in District Rotary at that time but it is only a hop away from me so i hope to get over and finally meet up with you all. Was photographing a new build on the edge of Rutland Water before Christmas for a building firm as well as anrefurbishment and extention in matching stonework of a 1860's rectory and fell in love with Rutland scenery - a photographers dream.

Was photographing a new build on the edge of Rutland Water before Christmas for a building firm as well as anrefurbishment and extention in matching stonework of a 1860's rectory and fell in love with Rutland scenery - a photographers dream.
Yes, from what I saw of it, and from images of the countryside that Hertz has posted, it does indeed look to be a beautiful spot!

I'm thrilled you're hoping to make it to the meetup, and we can finally meet. Will you try to make the market on the bank holiday Monday? Or some other day?

Oh dear! (and d@mn those legal advisers!) That's a shame that the market has been cancelled. Still, as you say, lots to see and do in and around Rutland, so no worries.

I'm still very interested in coming over, I get back from visit home to Australia in the middle of May, so my attendance is dependent upon finances. However that being said I am a probable.

^^^ Yes, Kayak is wonderful in that it searches all the airlines for you!

Most reactions

Back