Next Big Meet-up?

So it looks like we have a Yank and a Canuck who are coming.
Any others?
If you are based in the UK Rutland is very easy to get to from most parts of England. The trains through here go Stansted Airport, Cambridge, Peterborough, Leicester and Birmingham so connections are easy.
The A1 runs down the edge of the County and the M1/M69 go through Leicester, which is an easy 20 miles away.
If you are coming from further afield - like Europe - then you will need to sort out accommodation sort of now-ish.

I've just checked my dates and this could prove to be rather hectic for me! I've got a car show that weekend.

23rd - first Rutland day

24th - car show at Duxford, Cambridge. It's a major one for Triumphs and my club is the lead club this year and I'll be expected to help as I'm one of the people who help run the club. I've also offered to possibly help out with the setting up on the 23rd.

25th - car night I organise in the evening. There'll be around 30 people or so and with the inter-club politics I need to be there.

So... If I have to help on the 23rd I won't be able to make that day. If I can make the 23rd I'll need to leave and not come back until the 26th. Which means me offering people lifts will also be a bit dodgy. There is of course the option of people popping along to the car show. I'm not sure how many cars will be there but if you look at the Duxford site you'll see what else is on offer to see. It's also a working airport so expect to see planes flying. And no doubt the odd Spitfire as well - it's that type of airport. Entry will be under £10 but that may only be for people in old cars. Of course, it also provides an option of me staying in Rutland on the 23rd and driving a few people down on the 24th. But I'll have to leave early to get there and leave late because I'll be helping out. Or maybe some people making their way to the show if they just feel like going. What do you think, Hertz?

IWM Duxford - Europe's premier aviation museum

I'll be seeing the organisers on the 8th, 9th and 14th March with a mixture of shows, meetings and formal dinners so should be able to confirm what I'll be able to do some time after that. So I'll sit back and see what gets planned for the Rutland meet and fit myself into those!

Summer gets a bit busy!

Ill see with my schedule. Tickets for a week from NYC to London are $635 round trip so not that expensive. Any closer Airports?

Ill see with my schedule. Tickets for a week from NYC to London are $635 round trip so not that expensive. Any closer Airports?
That sounds like a really good price, Jaszek, assuming taxes and any fuel surcharges are included! As for airports, I believe Hertz posted earlier that Stansted and Birmingham are closer than London. I know that from Canada, there are no direct flights to Stansted (I would have to change planes somewhere else to get there) but maybe it's different if flying from the US.

656 from NYC To Birgminham...continental though :/. I have bad luck with them lol

656 from NYC To Birgminham...continental though :/. I have bad luck with them lol
Or you could say you have 'good' luck with them! :blushing: (One flight later would have been very bad luck indeed)

yea depends on how you look at it. I had to waste half of my day trying to get back home hehe

I would love to go to a meet up in Europe.. Who wants to pay my way?

Me at the meet up.. I say that is worth something.

Hell your ticket would be cheaper!! lol Sure!

but you have to come to el Nueva York first and pay for that yourself :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back