Next Door Neighbor Flower

Cheta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I only hope to learn as much as I can to become better. I just recently received a Nikon D3100 and I took some pictures around my neighborhood. Any and all critiques are welcome.

Attachments

• $DSC_0295.JPG
    $DSC_0295.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
Only think I notice is the grain...why so grainy?

I'm still working on my own framing and comp so I'll let others give advice on that area.

Not sure why it turned out that way, I am still trying to figure out my camera and it's settings. I didn't notice that when I first looked at the picture. Good catch.

What was your ISO set at?

I too have a D3100 and I have not had any grain issues...although I rarely take it off ISO 100. I am still learning the camera as well.

The ISO is set at 100. It took me a moment to figure it out.

How long have you had your camera? What is your best picture that you have captured with the D3100?

This may just be me (and probably is), but I think the grain is a happy accident. It kinda works for it in ways, in that it gives it a felt like look to it. Plus the colors are rich in the picture.

The noise (grain) in this photo is due to a very high ISO. You took this photo with the ISO set to 2500. Areas of color in the photo are posterizing.

Joe

The noise (grain) in this photo is due to a very high ISO. You took this photo with the ISO set to 2500. Areas of color in the photo are posterizing.

Joe

How do you know that the ISO was set at 2500?

This may just be me (and probably is), but I think the grain is a happy accident. It kinda works for it in ways, in that it gives it a felt like look to it. Plus the colors are rich in the picture.

Thanks for the like. Again I am super new and if anything the camera gets the kuddos due to what type it is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back