nicholas flat. near malibu,ca

Wow! Magnificent. Why do they call it Nicholas Flat though, looks anything but flat.

I especially love the cactus flowers, I guess because they are so unlike what I see here in New Jersey.

Did you really take all those shots on one hike? If so that must be paradise for photography. My only suggestion would be that maybe you would benefit from concentrating on one subject for a longer period of time, and trying to take the best possible photograph of that one subject. It's almost like there was too much stuff there to really do justice too.
Of course if you are hiking with other people, you really can't stand there for three hours photographing one cactus plant. lol

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed!

Sam,

The name Nicholas Flats comes from the flat part on top of the mountain (where Nicholas Pond was). Its a strenuous 3 mile uphill trek to get there but once you are up it is well worth it.
My favorite part of the hike was finding that cactus. I used to live in Arizona and hadn't seen one in bloom for quite some time.
All the pictures were from one hike and yes I was with 3 others so I didn't have nearly the time I wanted to have. If I have more time I will try your suggestion on sticking to a few topics of interest. I think I could benefit from that greatly.
I will be hiking the Trans-Catalina Trail this weekend alone. Its 37.5 miles so I am sure I will get some nice pictures. I will post a link on the forum when I return.
Thank for the comments!

Matt

Most reactions

Back