Nicolo- Fine Art Nudes II {NSFW}

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned in another recent post of mine, I recently got caught up on all of my client work and have been able to start editing more of my personal work (it can sometimes take over a year before I'm able to edit an entire personal set). I shot these last March; the model is my current muse, Nicolo, who I've photographed more than anyone else in my photography "career". These photos were done at his own request. They are lit with a single window. The backdrop has creases, and admittedly I'm too lazy to edit them out. Feel free to critique. All editing done in photoshop.

screen_shot_2015_09_27_at_5_31_01_pm_by_danostergren-d9b5ybu.png

I used a reflector in this first shot. I decided later to stop using the reflector because I enjoyed the depth created by the dark shadows.
_mg_3788_by_danostergren-d9b5x9s.jpg

_mg_3804_by_danostergren-d9b5xaf.jpg

_mg_3777_by_danostergren-d9b5x8r.jpg

Great as always. I am really running out of good things to say! ;)

I'm not a big fan of the line going through his head in the second, but really nice use of light to sculpt his body.

Great stuff! Love your B&W rendering.

As I mentioned in another recent post of mine, I recently got caught up on all of my client work and have been able to start editing more of my personal work (it can sometimes take over a year before I'm able to edit an entire personal set). I shot these last March; the model is my current muse, Nicolo, who I've photographed more than anyone else in my photography "career". These photos were done at his own request. They are lit with a single window. The backdrop has creases, and admittedly I'm too lazy to edit them out. Feel free to critique. All editing done in photoshop.

I used a reflector in this first shot. I decided later to stop using the reflector because I enjoyed the depth created by the dark shadows.

Multiple comments.

First, thanks for sharing...this is some good work.

Second, I like the 2nd photo the best--that's the strongest one in my view. Here's why...
#1...angle of the shins to the camera makes them look abnormally short. But the lighting and angles from the pose are lovely.
#2...I'd blur the demarcation/line coming out of the model's head. Otherwise, I like this one a lot.
#3...I'd crop from the biceps up...I think that would be a much stronger pose. Being seated and then cutting off the legs mid-shin makes a very athletic and muscular model look very short. Conversely, a crop of the upper half (couldn't tell if he was standing or sitting) would be more effective IMO.

Lovely work.

Great stuff! Love your B&W rendering.
Thank you.

Multiple comments.

First, thanks for sharing...this is some good work.

Second, I like the 2nd photo the best--that's the strongest one in my view. Here's why...
#1...angle of the shins to the camera makes them look abnormally short. But the lighting and angles from the pose are lovely.
#2...I'd blur the demarcation/line coming out of the model's head. Otherwise, I like this one a lot.
#3...I'd crop from the biceps up...I think that would be a much stronger pose. Being seated and then cutting off the legs mid-shin makes a very athletic and muscular model look very short. Conversely, a crop of the upper half (couldn't tell if he was standing or sitting) would be more effective IMO.

Lovely work.
Thank you for the feedback.

Great lighting! The poses seem very classic, which I like. I'm sure he is pleased, and I hope you are too. Very well done.

Great lighting! The poses seem very classic, which I like. I'm sure he is pleased, and I hope you are too. Very well done.
Thank you. Yeah, he loves them. From my perspective though there could be a lot to improve on.

One more shot from this set. I'm completely entranced by Nicolo's beauty.
_mg_3646_by_danostergren-d9biyld.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back