niggles

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I've been taking photographs for a good few years now and I'm starting to need more technical knowledge than the things I've worked out for myself, specifically things like how to work out what your apperature should be set to once you know the distance between 2 points of focus, how to work out which ISO to use with each apperature etc, could anyone answer these qiestions or point me in the right direction of some free resources?

here's a little of my stuff I've done recently just so you know where I'm at:

http://www.photography.poijoy.com

You can use the depth of field indicator scale on your camera to determine the largest aperture which will permit sharp focus at two specific distances. Tables are also available, and you can make up exact graphical plots from the data.

ISO and aperture is more complex, as the shutter speed must also be considered. You'll have to think about this and refine your question a bit so that it admits of an answer.

Thanks Torus, to be honest I don't know enough about the technical side of things to rephrase the question propperly, is there somewhere that would give me a beginners guide to the technical side of photography? also, where would I find these tables you speak of?

If you're shooting 35mm, there are many general guide books available. Do check out your local library before you pop for big bucks here. A search engine should kick up some depth of field charts on the 'net. Please note that a depth of field chart will be for a specific lens focal length. Again, if you're shooting 35mm, your basic lens will be about 50mm focal length.

I'm shooting digital with a Cannon 350D so I'm not too sure how that transfers over ect...

Whoops! I know nothing, nothing about digital. What I've said applies to film cameras. It may or may not apply to digitals. Sorry.

So does this mean that I can use the same refferances for the 350D or do I need to find something specific for the camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back