icassell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

_MG_4688.jpg

_MG_4745.jpg

_MG_4720.jpg

I think #1 has potential but there are a few things I don't like about it.

- There seems to be a lot of gray in this shot. A Levels tweak in Photoshop / Gimp could improve that dramatically.

- I'm not sure the bit of sky / water in the background is doing much to help the shot.

- I think the shot could use a bit of blur as it fades into the background to draw the eyes closer to the foreground. I'd have to see how this would look to decide if it'd be an improvement or not but it might help.

I think #1 has potential but there are a few things I don't like about it.

- There seems to be a lot of gray in this shot. A Levels tweak in Photoshop / Gimp could improve that dramatically.

- I'm not sure the bit of sky / water in the background is doing much to help the shot.

- I think the shot could use a bit of blur as it fades into the background to draw the eyes closer to the foreground. I'd have to see how this would look to decide if it'd be an improvement or not but it might help.

Thanks for the critique. I'll have to play with it a bit and see. I have >2500 images in RAW from this trip to wade through, so it will likely be a while before I get around to it, though :)

I like these. I'm a sucker for low light. Well done.

I like these. I'm a sucker for low light. Well done.

Thanks! I do wish I had brought my monopod or tripod with me on the trip, though. Since I went primarily as a tourist with my wife and kids, was worried they'd get ticked off if I kept stopping with pod. In fact, they were annoyed with me just for stopping without one!

Thanks! I do wish I had brought my monopod or tripod with me on the trip, though. Since I went primarily as a tourist with my wife and kids, was worried they'd get ticked off if I kept stopping with pod. In fact, they were annoyed with me just for stopping without one!

LOL sadly I think we can all relate to that. Someone needs to write a book or hold a class on how to deal with others while traveling. I usually just try to break off on my own or hold off on the shooting until a specificly planned time but it's never easy.

LOL sadly I think we can all relate to that. Someone needs to write a book or hold a class on how to deal with others while traveling. I usually just try to break off on my own or hold off on the shooting until a specificly planned time but it's never easy.

Well, the best way is probably to travel with other photographers rather than family/friends! I find that the best way of balancing the two is to shoot with as fast a lens as I can and to avoid lots of lens changes (I did most of this trip with my Tamron 17-50 f2.8). It can be a bit limiting, but beats arguments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back