Adour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ljandclare.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi again all,

Took some long exposure shots of downtown this evening. Looking for feedback on the best of the 3 after post processing and on the photo itself.

I saw the shot as I was driving to the store and thought that the lights in the cloud looked great and then the feeling of walking down to the shore inspired the shot. Centre composition I know but i feel that it draws yur eyes through the dark to the lights across the bay... anyway, would really appreciateyour opinions.

Nikon D40 / 55mm / 30" @ f13 / ISO200

1. Shot as taken no post processing
3046590579_b022fed177.jpg

2. Warmer & Contrast
3046589529_11024e6255.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/3046589529_11024e6255.jpg

3. Cooler & Contast
3046588663_9bf197c65e.jpg

Adour

I prefer the second one, it looks very natural. The third one is kinda vegas with water which looks cool also.

Since I am not to big on PP i really like the org one. nice work

Haha, I like the last one :p
I realize that the original is orange, but to me the blue looks more realistic. Nice cityscape!

You may consider croping it some, as there is alot of "wasted space". I'd take-in the left and bottom.

And I know there's probably nothing you can do about this, but the powerlines are a lttle distracting.

I like the cropping idea, and yes the power lines are a pain, but unless I spend an age in PS they are there to stay :)

anyway, a cropped version which I really like:

3047600628_d4e8d25e78.jpg

edit.jpg

Done in under 5 minutes (tad bit sloppy, yes), gotta love the patch tool! :mrgreen:

Personally, I like the warmer version better (either the original or the warm tone edit)

do you have a link to your flickr page? they all say that they are unavailable...

Most reactions

Back