Night out with bace (28 small pics)

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, last night was fun. First impression of the new cam is that I need more stuff. Flash, battery pack, mini tripod, I think I did pretty well for my first club night outing though. Had to do a lot of level changin in PS.

This night litterly goes from the subway station by my house to Mad Bar on Richmond. Then to Afterlife on Adelaide street, where they have a rooftop patio. Back to Mad Bar. I took about 120 pics these are the best ones.

I used a piece of card board covered in tinfoil to bounce the flash, it worked great in some shots not in others. Not sure why, I can't really focus on settings after my 5th beer....

Hope you enjoy as this may be the start of a trend...I hope you don't mind.

resize28.jpg

resize27.jpg

resize26.jpg

resize25.jpg

resize24.jpg

resize23.jpg

resize22.jpg

resize21.jpg

resize20.jpg

resize19.jpg

resize18.jpg

resize17.jpg

resize15.jpg

resize14.jpg

resize13.jpg

resize12.jpg

resize11.jpg

resize10.jpg

resize09.jpg

resize08.jpg

resize05.jpg

resize04.jpg

resize03.jpg

resize02.jpg

resize01.jpg

I know you know none of these people, but i'm just really looking for any ideas as to how to make such pictures a little better with what I have?

The first thing in order is probably gonna be a 55mm lens with a bigger aperture.

These are good, I really like the 2nd subway one, very nice. The portraits are good considering the setup you describe. What lens are you using now? 50mm f/1.8 lenses are amazing for low light...and cheap

darin3200 said:
These are good, I really like the 2nd subway one, very nice. The portraits are good considering the setup you describe. What lens are you using now? 50mm f/1.8 lenses are amazing for low light...and cheap

I'm using the 18-55mm that came with the camera. I hate it already.

Yeah, I've heard that lens is pretty terrible, especially with only f/3.5. Primes are great for indoor shooting, but since you just bought a new cam you probably don't want to buy a new lens right away :)

yeah, i'll probably get one used. That's what I did with my Minolta when I got it. Just gotta wait till next payday for that.

My friend is actually thinking of getting a 350D. I might get her to get a 55mm with that and trade her.

I like these, sort've photojournalistic... quite a few with great flourescent colours too, really good :thumbup:

you got good shots here...i like the subway ones, good perspective. The nightclub ones have some good light effects with the peoples faces, and the portrait ones i think are my favorite. Seen your website, so i know you do good portraits. The one with the two girls with the bottle is a great one and the one below it. Good shootin, be good to see some more :thumbup:

Few more pics from that night that I liked and missed....

resize29.jpg

resize30.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back