Night Shots 5 pics

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went out last night and took some shots with the new cam. I really need to get a shutter release, but I thought that these turned out okay for not having one. I can't decide between the color or black and white version of the first one. Critique and input appreciated :) Oh and the guy in the pics is my dad :)

alleycolorsized.jpg

alleysized.jpg

walkinsized.jpg

dad1sized.jpg

alleyportraitsized.jpg

i think i prefer #2 the b/w version is great, and also #s4 & 5 nice exposures, i want to get into taking a few more night shots, i presume you used a tripod, what were the settings?

Thanks! I did use a tripod, but didn't have a shutter release, which would have helped a lot more even. I copied some of the info on the shots for you, if you need more detail please let me know :)

#4:
Shooting Mode
Program AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Lens
28.0 - 105.0mm
Focal Length
55.0mm
Image Size
2304x3456
Image Quality
Fine
Flash
Off
White Balance Mode
Auto
AF Mode
One-Shot AF

Shooting Mode
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Lens
28.0 - 105.0mm
Focal Length
33.0mm
Image Size
2304x3456
Image Quality
Fine
Flash
Off
White Balance Mode
Auto
AF Mode
One-Shot AF

Sorry for the terrible copy and paste...hopefully you can piece together the info...

just so you know, the 350D has mirror lock up.... use that along with a self timer and you shouldn't have camera shake from the shutter.

:)

eromallagadnama said:
Sorry for the terrible copy and paste...hopefully you can piece together the info...
yes sure can, they are in my notebook now,i'll try those settings as near as possible with my setup, thanks a lot for that,i'm half tempted to go out now and try it, you've inspired me...

Thanks for the tip Dan!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back