night shots

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
these first four were taken in houston in case anyone wonders.

C128267851220f_photo.jpg

C12826353052f_photo.jpg

C12826679132f_photo.jpg

C128265328790f_photo.jpg

and these were in new york. this was a little tough since i didn't have a tripod with me.

C12826782281f_photo.jpg

C128265639154f_photo.jpg

Very nice photos, the second one seems undefined to me (don't even really know what it is), what is that building (in Houston) It looks like a really unusual structure. My favorite though is actually the last one, blurr is no fun except when it creates an unusual feeling or mood in the photo, i am not sure if you were trying to create it but the blurr helps to give a sense of urgency to the picture, the blurred cabs help show how quick things move in an urban environment. Match the caabs with the color of all the store signs and you got a really interesting picture.... IMHO

thanks, havoc. :)

the second one is the same as the first, only i wasn't standing outside of the structure that time and i believe i used a flash so it killed most of the pretty light inside. oh well. as for what it is, it's just a wall of water. i don't know how else to explain it really. it's a big, tall, curved wall that has water flowing down it. the third and fourth photos are a different building. happens to have another water wall sort of thing on it though. it's in the houston medical center and it's called the john p. mcgovern texas medical center commons.

to answer your question about the blurred cabs, yes it was intentional. i waited to take that picture until the light they were waiting at had just turned green again. it's probably my favorite picture i took on that trip.

I agree... very nice night shots, especially the last one. Yes the blur makes an interesting effect. You will almost always get that effect in slow shutter which you need in order to allow for more light for night shots. Also for intended blur when there's good lighting.

Very nice work, Carlita. I saw your other pictures too. Care to share some techniques on night shooting?

Most reactions

Back